"Gas out" DONT PUMP GAS ON MAY 15th

> DONT PUMP GAS ON MAY 15th!!!!!

>

> In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted

> nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline

> prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

>

> Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

>

> If everyone that gets this does not pump on the

> 15th, it would take $2,200,000,000.00 (that's

> BILLION) out of the oil company's pockets for just

> one day, so please do not go to the gas station on

> May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle

> Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

>

> If you agree re-post this bulletin with "Don't pump

> gas on May 15th"

Chances are I can avoid pumping gas on May 15th, but i doubt this will work. Its been talked about before, and the oil company may lose 2.2 billion on THAT day, but what about the people who would have pumped and just either fill up the night before or the day after. The oil company is going to get their money somehow.

i won't be fueling or driving on the 15th anyway. my girlfriend is turning 21 so im getting her and i a suite at the luxor, so i'll be drunk in the hot tub watching tv on the flat screens.

true they will eventually get their money anyway, but this just gives me a good excuse to not drive as much. Im trying to cut down now since i wanna save some miles on truck and save some gas.

i don't understand how a company who makes billions of dollars NEEDS to charge that much money just because of "summer travel" or because a barrel of oil goes up .03 cents.

Won't work, but it's worth a try. Though, to actually hurt them, you must not by cigs, beer, or anything else inside the store. They make more money off of that crap, then they do off gasoline. Remember, you're buying the gasoline from the 5, 6, 7th guy down in the chain.

i don't understand how a company who makes billions of dollars NEEDS to charge that much money just because of "summer travel" or because a barrel of oil goes up .03 cents.

It's just basic economics, supply vs. demand. Think about it this way, if you owned a company, would you want people limiting how much money you can make and what you could charge for your product/service? Yes the oil companies make billions of dollars each year, but in comparison, Starbucks actually reports a higher percentage profit than the oil companies do. The oil companies just sell more oil than Starbucks sells coffee, hence the larger $ figure. The other thing is no one is forced to buy gas. People have the option to choose to take other means of transportation, commute with others, or get a job closer to their house.

Like everyone mentioned already, stopping for one day wont make any difference. If we were able to build a few refineries in this country, gas prices would be back down to $1.8X/gallon or less and the oil companies would still make as much money as they do now. Everyone would be happy except the environmentalists :uhoh: