GMC Syclone

SS4EVER

Ok, 1992 GMC releases a truck (2,998 units were made) from the GMC & Production Automotive Services (PAS) Inc of Shreveport, Louisiana, USA. With a intercooler turbo V6 4300 cc AWD that could launch it 0-60 in 4.6 seconds (what does a lightning do?). 1/4 mile stock time was 13.5 @ 99mph with mods have seen some under 10 seconds. (9.84 @ 137mph and 9.99 @ 134mph).

So were these trucks not popular? Were they just too small for the truck enthusiast or just too expensive? Obviously GM has done it before with making one of the fastest trucks so what happened with that idea? Just curious because I didn't know about these trucks till earlier in the year, pardon my ignorance... :uhoh:

I seen those figures too, from Car and Driver but I was getting my info from Performance Car Magazine, June 1992. :D Car and Driver must have had an off day, and it wouldn't be the first cause I seen them report slower times from other road test vehicles. :wtf: . Anyway I did enjoy reading the article from C&D where they pitted the Syclone against the Ferrari 348ts Maranello....that outcome was so cool to read. :flag: , what were the Ferrari guys feeling after that race... :cry::puke::sigh:

actually, the SY was made in 91. and 3 were made in 92. yes, that's right, 3 in 92. you could only have a payload of 500lbs. and not you can not tow with the SY. they had a fairly high sticker price, and were introduced during the Gulf War. not a good time to be bringing a special truck to the market place. on the street, the SY will beat about anything.(stoplight to stoplight.) for more info, go to www.syty.net

for me, it would be a toss up on wich one to have.(SY or L) I like the L for rear drive and burnouts, but AWD, you almost always get the jump out of the hole.

Archived