Rattling/Grinding noise SOLVED 100%

Troyz34

Well tonight I finally got under the truck and had my brother start it up and put it into drive and I heard the noise, rattling..........Hmmmmmmmmm I felt around NOPE not the brakes Hmmmmmmmmm Nope not the front differential. Hmmmmmmm nope not the tranny what could it be???? Well I got into the driver seat wondering what could it be. SO I fired her up and had my brother look under the truck and in 2 sec he's like "its your exhaust thats going over that bar" I take a look wtf its resting on this torrsion bar or whatever its called. I have corsa aftermarket exhaust. SO I got down there and after the truck warms up it goes away and now it was gone, so I grabbed the exhaust and bar and pushed them together.........The beautiful sound of knowing what it is. THE RATTLE is now found. This could be just my problem but may not be. I'm thinking when people have a rattle it could be the exhaust rubbing and rattling. When you turn your exhaust shifts and since its resting on metal its going to make a noise. Thats my thoughts anyone else.

You mean the torsion bar cross member? The exhaust, stock system, only sits a very small distance above it. You should be able to loosen some of the connections and adjust up, if that's what is making the noise for your truck.

Which pipe is it? Driver's side or passenger?

The PIPE not your muffler goes over the bar and rest on the cross member bar so when its cold it rattle or when you turn because the exhaust shifts alittle, But when the exhaust heats up it expands causing it not to rattle as much. I think you should just get under your truck and look at it because it sits very close on the passenger side. JUST TAKE A LOOK.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived