Intimidator SS Tailgate Spoiler?

Mr. P has purchased one and on a thread earlier today answeered that question and this is what he said hope it helps

The SSI Wing: yes this is the SS Intimidator wing. I bought it used from a forum member in south Texas and installed it myself on the truck (BManSS made me do it!). I have *never* done anything like that before and it took 3-4 hours to git-er-dun. The tailgate was easy, the corners were a PITA because you have to drill holes in the bed to mount them and you must drill in the correct locations and well I didn't; I eyeballed it the best I could but had to redrill a couple times on one side, but afterwards used a piece of folded paper as a template to transfer the location to the other bed corner and that went better. If you are going to ever attemp this go to the dealer and order the decal template for the truck, it will accurately locate the holes the first time. The SSI wing is only available from GM, the dealer price is $900+ but with some connections you can get it for $650; the ones off wrecked SSI trucks are almost as expensive as dealer cost so I say if you have your heart set on one just work your connections and get it at dealer cost. And as the last word on the spoiler, yes it DOES function, the ass-end stays securely planted above 110.

Mr. P has purchased one and on a thread earlier today answeered that question and this is what he said hope it helps

The SSI Wing: yes this is the SS Intimidator wing. I bought it used from a forum member in south Texas and installed it myself on the truck (BManSS made me do it!). I have *never* done anything like that before and it took 3-4 hours to git-er-dun. The tailgate was easy, the corners were a PITA because you have to drill holes in the bed to mount them and you must drill in the correct locations and well I didn't; I eyeballed it the best I could but had to redrill a couple times on one side, but afterwards used a piece of folded paper as a template to transfer the location to the other bed corner and that went better. If you are going to ever attemp this go to the dealer and order the decal template for the truck, it will accurately locate the holes the first time. The SSI wing is only available from GM, the dealer price is $900+ but with some connections you can get it for $650; the ones off wrecked SSI trucks are almost as expensive as dealer cost so I say if you have your heart set on one just work your connections and get it at dealer cost. And as the last word on the spoiler, yes it DOES function, the ass-end stays securely planted above 110.

I agree, and yes they will cost you a pretty penny, but I've also heard that you have give them a VIN # to get one.

the stylin concepts one is very very similar. me and my buddy just went go pick his up today, and we test fitted it. its preety much the same thing except the be wing goes the lenght of the bed(bed rail caps) . looks very nice imo. plus its alot cheaper than the iss wing!

I agree, and yes they will cost you a pretty penny, but I've also heard that you have give them a VIN # to get one.

Watch for one on eBay. I'm pretty sure anyone can order the parts; Mr. Goodwrench just wants the VIN to be able to do the cross-reference lookup in the parts system. Besides the SSI part numbers have been published on the forum several times.

Mr. P.

What's the difference between the SS Intimidator wing and the regency wing?

Aesthetically there's a lot of difference, the Regency wing only fits on the tailgate (one-piece, no bed corners) and it sticks up a lot more abrupt than the SSI wing. Regency also is *very* anal about reselling them, you have to deal with them directly and they require very substantial proof that you are replacing one on an existing Regency truck.

Regency wing:

RegencySpoiler.jpg

SSI wing:

sss-wing.jpg

Mr. P. :)

Aesthetically there's a lot of difference, the Regency wing only fits on the tailgate (one-piece, no bed corners) and it sticks up a lot more abrupt than the SSI wing. Regency also is *very* anal about reselling them, you have to deal with them directly and they require very substantial proof that you are replacing one on an existing Regency truck.

Regency wing:

RegencySpoiler.jpg

SSI wing:

sss-wing.jpg

Mr. P. :)

Looks to be a big difference. I know where one is for sale that's why I asked about the regency wing but now that I see it I don't think I want it. I like the SS wing better. Thanks for the pics MrP :thumbs:

• 7 months later...
Watch for one on eBay. I'm pretty sure anyone can order the parts; Mr. Goodwrench just wants the VIN to be able to do the cross-reference lookup in the parts system. Besides the SSI part numbers have been published on the forum several times.

Mr. P.

I WAS LOOKING AT THE ONE ON EBAY $89 HE WILL SELL FOR $75 IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH IT?