Front bumper to wheel clearance?

My body shop still has my truck and last week I went in to check out the progress. Since I have a standard 2004 Silverado and am having the front end changed over to the OEM SS front end I expect a few issues but there is almost no clearance between the bumper and my 20" snow wheels and tires. They don't even think they wheels can turn without rubbing. WTF? There is almost no difference between the stock and the SS when it comes to this area. The side front quarter panel/fender/whatever you call it is the same for an SS as it is for the Silverado so why is the bumper so much farther back and how am I going to get my daily driver 22's back on?

Do you guys have to modify something to get bigger wheels to fit? I didn't when I put on 22's before the conversion.

No modification at all for my 22's they just went right on no problems. I wouldn't think you would need to modify anything unless you get ridiculous in wheel size like 30's or somethin. if even then unless your bagging it. :dunno:

not sure if the stock steel bumper is the same way but if I remember there are little pad type things that stick out on the steel bumper underneath so its not bumper cover to metal. maybe you dont have them on there?

just to get my 20s to fit i had to move the bumper forward like 1/2 " on both sides.

Just talked to my body guy after reading your posts and he says that the 20's are clearing no problem now and the 22's should be ok. Was a little stressed after seeing that.

Thanks guys. Truck is looking awesome but damnit its been over 2 months and I want my baby back!

post-7264-1178396226_thumb.jpg

post-7264-1178396243_thumb.jpg

I'm not in those earlier pictures either :)

Not bad looking for a stock silverado eh? So glad I was warned about the cladding at the rear or the bumper would have looked terrible.

post-7264-1178396484_thumb.jpg

post-7264-1178396498_thumb.jpg

looks awesome did you get the cladding for the whole truck or just the back and did you have them paint the black plastic pieces on the back bumper i did mine and it looks way better you should see if you can have them paint the taillights to match if they mix the paint with clear you can still see light through

DSCI0105.jpg

post-6481-1178400953_thumb.jpg

post-6481-1178401035_thumb.jpg

post-6481-1178401054_thumb.jpg

I only got the rear cladding and was worried it wouldn't look right without all of it but you wouldn't even know it.

Your lights look good. It's taken this long to get to this point I'm not about to add anything else to delay it more :)