Just ran a Saturn Sky

ssaman

I had to run up to campus to get a scantron for my final tomorrow. On the way home I go down this 15ish mile road w/ about 4 red-lights. but anyways...I pull up next to a black Saturn sky the guy had his top down with some music playing loud. The light turns green and I go ahead a little, not getting on it just easing out and I hear him just spin the tires and gun it. so I punch it. We are pretty dead even but every shift he pulls up a little he gets about 1/3 in front of me then we even out and I start pulling him in. I had about half a truck on him when we shut down around 100. he got beside me and I waved and he waved and we went on our way. I was sure he was going to get me once he hit 3rd but I was surprised when I started pulling him in. I know they arent all that. but little car vs. huge truck...lol Anyways it was fun. :thumbs:

I heard the R-lines are more like 14.3 14.5 I think there is diff. gearing or somthing in the trans or rear.. I know the cobaltss/ion redline are like that

the redlines are turboed ecotech . suppose to be bumped up tp almost 300 hp soon. right now i think they are 265 hp.

the redlines are turboed ecotech . suppose to be bumped up tp almost 300 hp soon. right now i think they are 265 hp.

I know....

But i was stating I think the Rline had different gearing from the solstice GXP.

I was making the comparison as what saturn usually changes somthing to be less race cr like..

I do realize the other r line(ion) and SS cobalt are Supercharged........

Edited by H8R (see edit history)

My wife's Saab 9-3 2.0l turbo ecotec has some getup and go , it only has 210bhp so I could imagine 40 more ponies in a 2 seater conv...By the way her Saabie gets me everytime :banghead: and its a 4 door, that 2 seater should have whooped you bad. It must have been 175bhp version none turbo.