Optima Red Top

JF-03-SS

Who has one and where did you get it. Sears does not carry them any longer. Pep Boys has them for $169.00. Are they worth the money? My battery is getting weak, can't leave the radio on for amy amount of time because it kills it.

Who has one and where did you get it. Sears does not carry them any longer. Pep Boys has them for $169.00. Are they worth the money? My battery is getting weak, can't leave the radio on for amy amount of time because it kills it.

I'm a dealer for them and I can tell you the cost of them has went up. my COST on them is 135. they are a good battery, not the best out there, but then again I run 2 of them so they cant be all that bad. some guys swear by them. the chioce is yours. I say buy it up for that price!!!

I'm a dealer for them and I can tell you the cost of them has went up. my COST on them is 135. they are a good battery, not the best out there, but then again I run 2 of them so they cant be all that bad. some guys swear by them. the chioce is yours. I say buy it up for that price!!!
That's a real good price!jump on that.On a different note what do you about kinetik batteries?Good or bad?

Kinetek, I have heard both ways on them. I sell Stinger. I have seen the test results compared to Kinetik, but then again they could be biased cause I am selling stinger. Both good batteries.

as for the Yellow top, yes you can. they are more of a deep cycle battery but they do work for starting. I have ran both and have never had problems with either, (other than boiling a red top back in the day) so do it up!!!

You can always go with a yellow too right?
That's kind of a loaded question; it all depends on your power demands/use and how much reserve you must have. I'm backing up fast4popper, consider Stinger, Kinetic, or Nothstar batteries. I'm cutting my answer short here, I don't want to get into debates about wet cell vs. dry cell vs. AGM but I'm not a big fan of the Optima Yellow; I love the Optima Red OTOH, damned good battery in the correct application.

(Love your sig truck pic btw)

Mr. P.

Kinetek, I have heard both ways on them. I sell Stinger. I have seen the test results compared to Kinetik, but then again they could be biased cause I am selling stinger. Both good batteries.

as for the Yellow top, yes you can. they are more of a deep cycle battery but they do work for starting. I have ran both and have never had problems with either, (other than boiling a red top back in the day) so do it up!!!

sent you a pm

Thanks everyone! One last thing though. Does it fit with the stock hold down. I have not measured the battery to see ir it is the same size. Looks like the washer fluid could be in the way :dunno:

Thanks everyone! One last thing though. Does it fit with the stock hold down. I have not measured the battery to see ir it is the same size. Looks like the washer fluid could be in the way :dunno:

Mine did.

If you get the one they say is the correct one for an SSS...it'll bolt right in.

- Brian