Had some fun with an SS this evening

motorider228

Well on my way to work today I was in the fast lane traveling somewhere between 75 and 80 and I see I'm coming up on a black SS that is traveling probably 70 in the middle lane. My windows were down when I passed and I was just admiring his beautiful truck (even though I drive a hemi I still love the SS) well we made eye contact and he was in his early to mid 20's I would say so I figured he would want to play. I got over into the middle lane and he passed me in the fast lane then I sped up and got behind him to get around some slower traffic (not driving too fast just about 75 so it was not dangerous for those around us) well I tail him for a little bit and traffic opens up and there is seriously NO ONE on the freeway in front of us. I can see he starts pulling away so I punch it and I am not gaining on him and he is not shaking me so I knew he was floored as well. No one won or lost as he was already in front when he punched it and I hung at his rear end up until my speed limiter at 106 then I let off because I knew I would just get screwed trying to hang if all your speed limiters is higher than 106. I let off and got back down to 70-75 and he slowed a little bit then I exitted at my exit for work and he kept going.

It was alot of fun because we seemed very even since no one pulled anyone in this little traffic fiasco. I would really like to run him sometime at the strip just to se ehow close we actually are. My mods are exhaust dumped before the axle and CAI. He had exhaust but that is all I know since I couldn't talk to him. I assume he probably had CAI as well because I have pulled some stock SS's before and this guy and I were perfectly even.

Just wanted to share since I had some fun with one of your sweet rides :driving:

Well on my way to work today I was in the fast lane traveling somewhere between 75 and 80 and I see I'm coming up on a black SS that is traveling probably 70 in the middle lane. My windows were down when I passed and I was just admiring his beautiful truck (even though I drive a hemi I still love the SS) well we made eye contact and he was in his early to mid 20's I would say so I figured he would want to play. I got over into the middle lane and he passed me in the fast lane then I sped up and got behind him to get around some slower traffic (not driving too fast just about 75 so it was not dangerous for those around us) well I tail him for a little bit and traffic opens up and there is seriously NO ONE on the freeway in front of us. I can see he starts pulling away so I punch it and I am not gaining on him and he is not shaking me so I knew he was floored as well. No one won or lost as he was already in front when he punched it and I hung at his rear end up until my speed limiter at 106 then I let off because I knew I would just get screwed trying to hang if all your speed limiters is higher than 106. I let off and got back down to 70-75 and he slowed a little bit then I exitted at my exit for work and he kept going.

It was alot of fun because we seemed very even since no one pulled anyone in this little traffic fiasco. I would really like to run him sometime at the strip just to se ehow close we actually are. My mods are exhaust dumped before the axle and CAI. He had exhaust but that is all I know since I couldn't talk to him. I assume he probably had CAI as well because I have pulled some stock SS's before and this guy and I were perfectly even.

Just wanted to share since I had some fun with one of your sweet rides :driving:

well i have mad respect for your story... now if you asked him i am positive he would say he smoked you and this and that...blah blah blah...you know how those SS guys are... heh!

i have a blown 5.3 with 15k in extra mods besides the 6k for the SC and SOME stock SS guys think their trucks are far better than mine... bah! Hell, one of my best friends drives an insane 720hp lightening... i dont care what someone drives, as long as they dont think their sh*t doesnt stink... ya know?

:driving:

Yeah I know what you mean. I'll bet MOST hemi guys would have just said some lie like they were gaining on him or something like that. I think alot of people regardless of make just liek to lie online when they know it is very hard to get called out. I forgot to mention, I know a guy that lives pretty near me and his SS just has longtubes, volant, tune and a corsa muffler and tips and his SS spanks my truck. I have never run him but just by comparing times. His truck is 3-4 tenths faster than mine.

I know the guy is probably telling his friends he beat me because he was in front of me and I would admit if I lost but we were totally dead even.

When does the SSS speed limiter kick in? Maybe someone that knows could chime in. I'm sure it is higher than the 106 my dodge does but I was just wondering.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'll bet MOST hemi guys would have just said some lie like they were gaining on him or something like that. I think alot of people regardless of make just liek to lie online when they know it is very hard to get called out. I forgot to mention, I know a guy that lives pretty near me and his SS just has longtubes, volant, tune and a corsa muffler and tips and his SS spanks my truck. I have never run him but just by comparing times. His truck is 3-4 tenths faster than mine.

I know the guy is probably telling his friends he beat me because he was in front of me and I would admit if I lost but we were totally dead even.

When does the SSS speed limiter kick in? Maybe someone that knows could chime in. I'm sure it is higher than the 106 my dodge does but I was just wondering.

most gm trucks have a 98 mph cutoff. but some go up to 105ish not sure about the SSS. he probably had a tune if he was still going when u hit your rev limiter.

I am totally stock except my exhaust and had mine up to 109 so says the speedometer without it cutting out. I do have respect for you because I had a class with a hemi owner and he was defending his hemi... not giving the SSS' any respect, so it was nice of you to tell it how it was. You should trade in the hemi and pick up an SSS :chevy:

I am totally stock except my exhaust and had mine up to 109 so says the speedometer without it cutting out. I do have respect for you because I had a class with a hemi owner and he was defending his hemi... not giving the SSS' any respect, so it was nice of you to tell it how it was. You should trade in the hemi and pick up an SSS :chevy:

:withstupid:

most gm trucks have a 98 mph cutoff. but some go up to 105ish not sure about the SSS. he probably had a tune if he was still going when u hit your rev limiter.

stock SSS have are limited to 109 i believe

You should trade in the hemi and pick up an SSS :chevy:

Well I am trying to get dodge to buy my truck back due to a steering vibration they cannot fix and my truck is under warranty. If they buy it back I will be buying a WRX but if they don't I think I will be trading it in on a used newish body style chevy and either do an lq9 swap or an ls1 swap. I love the dodge but I have had a few issues with this truck and my other dodges I have owned so I am over them. I want a wrx because I sold my dirtbike so I don't need a truck anymore but if I ever do buy a truck again if I get a wrx it will be a duramax.

Also, I know he was not tuned as he would have walked me if he was I would say.

ok this was too funny today...

i was at a stoplight today with my windows up (tinted) and i was on the phone when some guy next to me started reving his engine... i thought i knew him, but when i rolled down my window he was just some guy in a ecsb hemi... he rolled down his window when mine went down and asked if i wanted to race and reved his engine again...

I smiled and said, "brother, you may want to reconsider... i have a SC..." He said... "OH... shit, i just got a new ehuast today... i dont think so... wow, how fast is it...?"

I said, let's see... and at the same time, a POS old 1980 ford 250HD next to me honked and i looked over and HE wanted to race too... he was all too excited and his truck looked like it was stolen from Sanford... i smiled at boths guys and blasted my air horns as i launched it and took them both by 15 truck lengths before i turned...

Tooo funny...

(but it must have cost me $80 worth of tires on those damn 24" rims... ugh... $450 per tire...)

:driving:

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

The hemis arent that bad, my gramps had a 04 i believe quad cab hemi rwd sport which i drove all the time and it was fun as hell but that was before i got my sss which i of course love more but i have nothing against fords or dodges i know that there are trucks that are faster than mine stock but its still fun to play around with people but i will tell you alot of guys ive ran into dont know that the sss is awd and i take them by surprise especially when its wet out lol.

Yeah I think the one I played with on the freeway was probably AWD but the guy I know that has a volant CAI, corsa muffler and tips, tune and pacesetter long tubes has an 06 so his is only 2wd. Still a sweet truck none the less.

I wish I could run into this guy at a deserted stoplight sometime.

I think the stock SSS is limited too 112, thats what I had mine up to before the tune. :driving:

Ive had mine up to about 110 before which surprised me because i thought they were limited to around a 100 but ill end up gettin a tune to fix that anyway. :driving: