Any problem with stalling at low idle?

GMike

I'd see if you can get your Cad dealer to help you out. Take the custom tune off, then go to the service dept. Tell him that its been that was for a long time (since it was in warranty), but its getting worse. Tell him that you know about the TSB for GM giving it a reprogram. The dealer won't be out any parts, just a little labor. Make it known that you are a good customer and plan on buying all your Cads there. Its worth a shot at getting the issue fixed at no cost. Worst case, you'll be out $75 for the program. Just take off your Diablo before you go.

They will take your VIN, download the new program, and put it in a Tech2 tool, then upload it to your vehicle.

Thanks for all the advice, this is what I did, problem solved:

I purchased some throttle body cleaner for $2.50 and cleaned as much of the intake and throttle body as I could reach. Problem solved! Idles perfect now at around 600 rpm. NO MORE STALLING! Happy man now. :D

Side note: Throttle body and intake (chamber just past throttle body, in the engine) were completely covered in black varnish like soot (coke). Sprayed so much cleaner into to the engine it was pooled up inside the engine, passed the trottle body. So, I rolled up a cloth diaper (usually use for polishing) stuck it into the engine passed the butterfly intake, left it in there for about 10 minutes while I continued to clean. Pulled it out, after it soacked up most of the cleaner. It also helped to scrape away more varnish on the way out. Diaper is now ruined, and completely black. Small price to pay for a clean and properly working throttle body. :thumbs:

I did spray a little around the MAF sensor (not directly on it) just in case.

Buttoned everything back up. Drove all over the place last night and in the fresh snow this morning (Kansas City). Runs great! Was planning to go into dealership for recalibration, but will now hold off to see how long it takes to come back, and if throttle body cleaning helps again.

Otherwise, I was thinking about the throttlebody upgrade at tbyrne (not ready to spend $400). :crazy:

Archived