wtf is up with our sister site

they are just ripping tbyrne a new one over there. i dont get it and cant believe the mods arent doing anything about it. why would tom sponser a site that allows his name to be bashed with zero recourse. disappointing.

Well it sucks to be tbyrne. What the crap is a dashhawk???? :dunno:

The new DashHawk is an amazingly compact intelligent device that will provide you with real-time information about your vehicle's operation, diagnostic trouble codes, vehicle performance, and other useful information. User programmable alerts keep a watchful eye on critical items, while you can use the various data to alter your driving habits for maximum economy, maximum performance or for various tuning functions. Not much bigger than a credit card and installs with no tools in seconds! Easy to move between vehicles in minutes!

Universal OBDII multi-gauge displays over 100 parameters

• Connects to your vehicle’s diagnostic port
  • Display 0 – 60 mph and ¼-mile times with up to five other parameters
  • Records maximum values for speed, RPM and water temperature
  • Accepts one additional sensor, such as a wideband O2 sensor
  • Backlit screen can be set to 16 million colors to match any interior
  • Set visual and audible alerts for any value
  • Built-in shift light capability
  • Check and clear trouble codes
  • Any parameter can be displayed on any screen, in any order, in any fashion!

I read the thread and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I don't blame him I get pissed when stuff does not get herewhen it is supposed to. I have delt with TBYRNE in the past with no issues.

unfortunately thats not the only thread brad.

OHHHH I didnt see the others will you post the other threads?

there was another one i was reading last night but it wasnt in the member praise/complaint section. more of a pissing match gone wrong. i cant remember what it was about now. it just seems to be a lot more animosity to tbyrne over there than here so i dont get it.

If a person is a sponsor of a forum, he had better make damn sure that all members of that forum that do business with him is 110% happy with their entire buying experience, from first contact to final receipt of goods and then any follow up. Any time there is an issue it is going to come to a head on forums. Now, I feel that vendors should not only be praised on the sites, but also put to task if something goes wrong. I know there were alot of unhappy people with a SLP Dual Exhaust GB he did. It took a very long time to get their parts. Now, supposedly there were delays from SLP, but he led many to beleive they would have their parts sooner. When you are told a ship date, I fully expect it to ship that by that day.

If a forum only allows the praise and not any of the negative comments, then the consumer will not get a true indication of the service the vendor offers.

I just got into it this week with an admin from another forum over this exact same issue, the forums sticking their noses in where they don't belong trying to molly-coddle these vendors:

...I can't leave the thread up as it would be directing sales away from site vendors. Those are the forum rules. ...

No sir, I did review the site guidelines carefully and nowhere are the words "directing sales away from site vendors" used or its concept communicated ... I am an automotive enthusiast seeking the help of other fellow automotive enthusiasts in pursuit of my chosen personal hobby.

I will offer the suggestion that this situation could have easily been avoided if your published Site Guidelines page more accurately stated the actual practiced site policy, that being posts directing attention or potential sales away from site vendors would be purged; that by definition would be facism, but stating this would at least preserve the site's integrity.

I am frankly surprised to discover that (name of other site)'s primary purpose is to serve as a vendor-driven sales co-op rather than a site where automotive enthusiasts can work to help and assist each other in pursuit of their hobby.

Let me attempt to illustrate my position through appealing to your hobby interests - in this exact case it is possible that you and I can get (an expensive high-performance product) for ... far less than the price offered to me by [your site's] vendors. ... Your actions to prevent hobbyists like myself from sharing with others the fact that I have found another avenue for a product serves only to make your site members get less value for their hard-earned dollar, and put simply you are contributing to pricing them right out of the hobby. Your actions are directly aversarial to your site members; these actions show you do not truly have their best interests nor that of the health/growth of the industry at heart.

The written response you have offered me today on this matter makes it clear that (name of other site) exists first to insulate vendors from free enterprise rather than help the hobby; and as this is my hobby (I am not employed in the automotive industry) I have a serious problem with those motives. And as no effort has been made in any way to clearly state this real intention of (name of other site) to its participants I must also take disagreement with your ethics.

Respectfully,

Steve Poythress.

God I was pissed. Several of these sites are working against us, the members. Down to the home we have a saying - pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. I'm stopping there.

Mr. P.

i too believe that there should be open criticism of vendors even if they sponser a site. but in reading over at tbss.com there was so much more negative than positive to say about the above mentioned vendor that it just seemed unfair. ive only been a member here for about 8 months now but i cant recall nearly this much negative criticism about this vendor. i would say the ratio is completely reversed here so i guess im stumped as to how a different vehicle makes that much difference in peoples opinion of a vendor.

we did this with him about emailing prices and GB...sponsors can be there to help and sometimes they pay their fee and feel that they should get all the sales, with none of the service...TBSS.com is a mess anyway

Mr P our writing is excellent! I would not want to piss you off:)