wtf is up with our sister site

That's why having "Supporting Vendors" is not neccessarily a good thing. It's good because you have members that sell and service parts/vehicles to help with the hobby. But, when there's a problem, and there will be a problem, who will the site admin support? The supporting vendor most of the time, no matter the circumstance. I believe there are cases where negative comments should be allowed, as long as it's kept civil. Someone should be able to express their discontent with a supplier, within reason, and the supplier should be able to respond. Kind of like a mediation to resolve the issue.

Forums for the enthusiast have become too much involved with the business side and are concerned of making money. Not sure how much this site, or it's sister sites, makes from vendors, but I am pretty sure they are doing better than breaking even on the site. In turn, catering to the vendors takes away from the general theme of the community. Some of these vendors are like the Walmarts that move into little towns and put all the other small businesses out of business. When they want something done (people banned, comments removed, etc...) they get their wish. What is the point of a discussion forum if you cannot discuss the vendors of the site? On a site I run, I understand that the vendors will pay a "fee" to be "Supporting Vendors" but they will get the same treatment as anyone else. They had better provide excellent customer service to the members or they will go before the members do. There are "lots of fish in the sea"...