Torque Management

perk03z06

Hey guys ...

My SS seemed to be bogging down lately, so I ran some seafoam in the tank, and man, did it wake the truck up!

But, now, I'm noticing a delayed acceleration out of the gate of my 1-2 shift. From a rolling start of about 35-40 MPH, it feels like the #2 clutch grabs ... slides off a little, and then grabs again, full force.

I was wondering if this was torque management doing this, or if I might have an actual 1-2 slip @ high throttle ... Unfortunately, I can't check the shift adapts until tomorrow ... and I wanted to ask around before then ...

Anyone w/ info. ... greatly appreciated. Thanks! :thumbs:

Si

Seafoam is a petroleum product that you can buy at any parts store (I know Advance has it) that alot of the guys on here use as an injector cleaner, carb cleaner, upper cylinder lube, and an overall carbon-eating monster.

Says on their website that it can be used various ways ... through the PCV valve (which, there's a how-to access/change your PCV Valve here.); in motor oil to clean various parts, increase vacuum & compression; in your fuel tank; etc.

Here's the website: SeaFoam

I didn't know about it until I got on here ... and I can honestly say, it's as good as everyone on here says ... I noticed a difference by just adding a pint to my fuel tank. I'll probably get another pint this weekend and do the cleaning through the PCV valve ...

:cheers:

... I'll probably get another pint this weekend and do the cleaning through the PCV valve ...

Make sure you're parked *outside* when you do - my truck was worse than a bug fogger :lol:

And I'll put in another SeaFoam recommendation, they make THE BEST bug cleaner, absolutely awesome stuff; it's expensive but a little goes a long way and it works better than the petroleum distillates.

Mr. P. :)