Bought some new shocks tonight

Well I just picked up some new shocks tonight. I bought some QA1 adjustable shocks from a local guy off of performacetrucks.net (LINK)Here is the info on them:

The fronts are adjustable only on rebound so that I can make a true 70/30 OR 90/10 shock. The rears are a normal 12way adjustable but effect compression and rebound at the same time like any other adjustable non-drag shock would do. Depending on the settings you choose you can have a very soft, tuna boat like ride or a very firm almost autocross style shock.

I'm hoping to go test the truck with the new tranny, TOG's, and e-fans this weekend. I'm going to throw these on before I go so I can see how well they will work. Any one a shock expert? If so, where should I start with the settings?

QA1%20Rear%20Shock.jpg

Truckparts006.jpg

NICE :thumbs::thumbs: I so want a set... I read an online magazine article where some guy took your truck and went autocrossing with it and dialed in a set of QA1 shocks but I'll be damned if I can't google it up now :banghead: And I love the Caltracs.

Mr. P. :)

wont make a difference where there set

Why cant we ban this guy? Or at least block him? On my other chat board, you can click a button and the site blocks you from seeing all of thsoe users comments. Only people who dont click on the button would see the useless post.

On topic, you do want stiffer int he rear and softer in the front to load the rear tires on launch. Do not drive it on the public freeways though as the soft rate in the front could result in loss of control of the vehicle.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Set the front shocks at the softest settings for the track and the rear at 8 or so. (I believe it's 1-10 and 10 is the stiffest). You are going to really like those shocks. I've set them up on a few cars before and they are great. On the street you'll want the front at around 6 and the rear at around 3 or 4.