572 Big Block

I've been looking around and kinda tossing up ideas up in the air. And what would be a better place to get info than this forum.

I've been looking at buying a 572 crate engine and dropping it in the SSS. Do you guys think the tranny could handle it, or do I need to go bigger?

Let me know what you think.

Jeezus...not this again!

1. Old school big block is not bolt in. Read new motor mounts, etc.

2. NO NO NO NO the 4L65E can not handle it, it can barely handle a 500hp radix kit, let alone a 720hp big block.

3. Do you have $30k to blow on the conversion? Or even $16,000 on the crate motor?

4. Can not retain AWD, must convert to 2wd.

5. Buy an extended cab 2wd to hack up, not a 2004 SS

6. Can tell you're a newbie

7. This topic has been covered

8. Search function is your friend

9. Please dont think I'm being harsh

10. Carry on as you were.

I was reading through an issue of Truckin', and they put a supercharged 572 into an '07 tahoe. Sounds like a good Idea to me. As far as money goes, I'm not too worried. My life consists of me and my SSS. I would appreciate any info I can get. I'll let you guys know when I get ready to do it.

anybody see that article in sporttruck like 2 months ago. they took a 572, completely stripped it down to the block, replaced everything with even more high performance stuff, ran a 1 carb setup, and on 93 octane it was pushin like 1100 hp. THATS INSANE!!!

To answer your question, no you will need a 4L80E. A very well prepared 4L80E! :lol: Another big issue you will have is making the custom adapter to mate the transfer case to the output of the 4L80E; it can be done, it won't be cheap. Check with the professional Syclone/Typhoon guys, they do that kind of work...

As far as your project idea, if you want a big block truck that's good enough reason for me. It'll be cool. It'll be insane - an insane amount of money, an insane amount of time, an insane outcome; all I say is, if you do it, don't do it half-assed!

Mr. P. :)

send your truck to brian over at JPA in california.... he is a silverado expert and just put in a 572 into a camaro.... he would be able to the entire project...

tell him big dave sent you.... btw he used to work at magnuson for years... now has his own shop... goto performance trucks forums as he is a sponsor with close to 12,000 posts

send your truck to brian over at JPA in california.... he is a silverado expert and just put in a 572 into a camaro.... he would be able to the entire project...

tell him big dave sent you.... btw he used to work at magnuson for years... now has his own shop... goto performance trucks forums as he is a sponsor with close to 12,000 posts

Thanks. Do you got a phone number or email address for him?

i say go for the 572...somebody needs to be different...if i had money enough to do it i prolly would...you will have the bragging rights if you get it done :thumbs:

Thanks for your support.