Pioneer Fold Out

Hey Is anyone using a fold out unit in there SSS? I was thinking about putting one in and don't mind losing the annoying chimes and I don't have Onstar but I would like to keep my steering wheel controls. Should I keep my Bose or go with after market speakers and a 4-channel?

here is mine, i went this way cuz i wanted to keep my 6 disc. the chime doesn't bother me. and all the steering wheel controls still work.

DSC00066.jpg

Hey Is anyone using a fold out unit in there SSS? I was thinking about putting one in and don't mind losing the annoying chimes and I don't have Onstar but I would like to keep my steering wheel controls. Should I keep my Bose or go with after market speakers and a 4-channel?

you can keep your steering wheel controls, and your bose. SWI-X for the steering wheel controls. and a GMAH24B for the bose. these are Peripheral part numbers. the only snag with doin a flip out on our trucks is that the shifter hits the screen on its way out....

Well In your opinion how good is the Bose? My truck already has a subwoofer set up and on my last truck my mids and highs couldn't keep up with the lows from a 1000w amp powering a single 12" DVC audiobahn so I had to add a 500w four-channel. That sucks that the screen hits the shifter!

Hey buddy your going to have to describe your system cause the computer here is not letting me load you pic.

i put my "flip out" down in the cigarette lighter console. that eliminates the shifter problem and allowed me to keep my six disc. plus i had to keep it different from my buddy's setup.

see i you can see it here: nav setup

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

if you want to spend the cash I would get a double din touch screen unit. It will fit directly in place of the 6 disk and the screen would be flush so no shifter problems and IMO a cleaner look.

agreed. the pioneer unit is the AVH-P6800. double DIN 6 disc DVD indash, 7 inch screen, yadda yadda yadda. its got some bells and whistles. also you can add things like 5.1, vehicle dynamics, and such. pretty kick ass unit from what I have played with. Like I said, if I wasnt so balls deep on Alpine Gear I would do all Pioneer Premier!

• 2 months later...
i would like to put my flip out in the same place and keep my 6 disk but i was told it cant be done and run a amp and subs off of both please help guys

Oh anything can be done... have you seen the things on this forum?

You'd have to cut out the dash (because there is no stock space for anything there), move whatever supports or wires were back there, mount the unit, and wire in a bunch of splitters and BS into the system... You'd have to run your speaker wiring all the way down to the output side of the bose amp so you didn't mess with the system. Then the speakers would sound like junk because they already are and you just don't know it... IMO you're MUCH better off replacing the whole stock setup, if you want a monitor go double-din screen (direct fit, plus can keep everything looking sharp), and tear out that bose amp and all those speakers... stuff some nice components in there... and so on...