Trade the SS for WRX STI?

Well, with the recent spike in gas prices around the lakes area where I live I am thinking bout trading the SS in................I love the truck but am tired of pumping over $200 a week in gas.

Went and drove a new STI and was pretty impressed with the performance! Drove a Limited WRX though and it was alot nicer on the insied: Leather, heated seats where the STI looks terrible on the inside and was not near as comfortable...............

Anybody out there have an STI?

Great little car, You gotta see what your purposes are.

However it is a race car, no heated seats, no leather, and you can hear every noise inside.

My opinion is to get a wrx, all in all Subaru has the best reliability (beat out toyota).

I'd say get the limited WRX because you know your gonna wanna have the itch to mod it. And the limited is a good platform and you can mod it up to even better than the STI. They are fun little cars and reliability is a plus!! If you really must trade it in it's a good way to go.

im not a fan of rice so i would say no. but i think if ur trading it in only for gas mileage you should find something else. the sti actually doesnt get that good of gas mileage. they did an article on it in road and track i think. the pit it against the GTO and they both had pretty much the same gas mileage. sti i think had like 1 mpg better

You ever heard a Sti? Those boxer engines sound amazing!

And yeah...they did not get great mileage at all. Not as bad as the SS however if you care about mileage at all I recommend a wrx, or something less like a sports car or truck.

Well, with the recent spike in gas prices around the lakes area where I live I am thinking bout trading the SS in................

:withstupid: Get a beater to travel to work in, save the SS as your toy...... :chevy:

The new STI IS a "WRX".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza_WRX_STi

And they sound TERRIBLE to me. Not bad CARS, just the sound of them though. Yuck!!!!!!

All STI's have always been WRX's.....There is also just a WRX. He is stating that the plain WRX doesn't come close to the WRX STI.

i was in the same boat a while back but i definatley wasnt getting rid of the truck. so i was looking into evo,sti, and f body's. i am so glad i went with the maro. one because ti sounds bad add. its n/a, its more rare and its pretty quick. not to mention i paid about 10 k less than you can get an sti or an evo. the gas mileage isnt horrible but isnt terrific definatly better than the truck though.

Pretty much, its like saying a silverado SS is a silverado. Similiar but not the same beast. And the reasoning behind the "race car" is that it is not meant for the drag strip. Pretty much dirt trails and autocross, the car is very balenced and comes with brembos and all wheel drive which greatly help it in the course. Not saying you cant build a regular cab s-10 to beat one on a track however from factory the car is no where near what you would call a "normal" car. ;)

Edit: Wow Chase you got rid of the sig that was half a page long?! :crackup:

Edited by Drako (see edit history)

lol i was thinkin about doin the same 2 weeks ago. i was going to get a wrx sti special edition 2007 in white (for the same reasons...gas).

thing about the subarus is that they're very hard to fix let alone finding people who work on them (b/c i assume you're going to beef it up and break warranty) anyway... i backed off because i decided that it would still be cheaper in the short term to keep my truck (because considering an entirely new and higher car payment, it would be a while before i see my money back with spending less on gas) also if i were not to be in any financial position to change cars 2-3 years from now i would trust keeping my SSS for 4-6 years more than i would trust a subaru. A comparable car that i know for a fact is a solid car (also has a great warranty) b/c my friends have been runnin them for years is the itchypussy...oops, sorry, i meant mitsubishi lancer EVO but i just didn't want to jump into an itchypussy, sh*t! i mean mitsubishi! sorry!! lol

ES :flag: