Trade the SS for WRX STI?

wrx and sti not the same.

2.0 and 2.5 boxster engine. They are not like a big block but for a 2.5 they sound amazing.

For your information the new WRX comes with the 2.5 liter. The differences are the sti has a 6 speed tranny, stronger block, better suspension and a few more bells and whistles.

For the OP, you can get an STI with leather seats and all that, it's called the limited I think. My friend has an 07 STI with leather and all that good stuff...there were only 800 made though. I am about to purchase an 07 wrx limited and get rid of the truck as well and they are nice cars. Personally if I could I would get the STI but the wrx is enough for me.

All STI's have always been WRX's.....There is also just a WRX. He is stating that the plain WRX doesn't come close to the WRX STI.

My brother-in-law owns a new WRX 2.5 turbo, 230hp. His buddy owns a WRX STI 2.5 turbo 293(?) hp, and they sound VERY similar, I would love to see somebody tell the two apart.

:confused:

It's the horizontally opposed engine that makes the hearing opposed noise.

;)

Pretty much, its like saying a silverado SS is a silverado. Similiar but not the same beast.

So if somebody said they liked the PROFILE of the Silverado SS, but not the Silverado....

;)

And the reasoning behind the "race car" is that it is not meant for the drag strip.

They are comfortable little cars. Not a "race car" by my standards, at all.

:confused:

i was in the same boat a while back but i definatley wasnt getting rid of the truck. so i was looking into evo,sti, and f body's. i am so glad i went with the maro. one because ti sounds bad add. its n/a, its more rare and its pretty quick. not to mention i paid about 10 k less than you can get an sti or an evo. the gas mileage isnt horrible but isnt terrific definatly better than the truck though.

whats a maro?

I got approved for Subaru Exec. VIP pirchase, I am a design engineer and we do some work for them.

I can get a new one around $31g.

I am being told that all of the Limited STI's are goen - Thats really the one I want.......................