Acetone In Gasoline

Z4pp

• 3 months later...
Different application. Propane is like NO2 to a diesel, I think. You can convert to propane power, but you can't mix gasoline and propane.

you can run a gas engine on propane. used a lot of them back in the 70s gas " shortage " :icon_bs: could run a mix or straight, depending on your carb setup. use to run 15kw generators on propane

Acetone is known to deteriorate cheap plastics and other substances. While the components in a car's fuel system should be of high quality, and thus immune to any deleterious effects from exposure to acetone, be aware that "ideal" is not always the case in practice. Be advised that not all systems have been tested against acetone. Until such thorough testing has been accomplished and certified by a accredited authority, you assume your own liability for experimentally testing acetone in your particular system

maybe if you were setup to run E85 then i think the fuel system would hold up

good luck if you try it...

:seeya:

you can run tolulene and xzlyene in gas engines,kenne bell used to print "best kept secrets for your turbo buick back in the late 80's and early 90's.IT DOES WORK! Tolulene actually rasies the total octane 2 full points with 1 gallon to every 15 gallons of gas.It also cleans the entire fuel system,loosens all deposits and gets burned thru the exhaust.I use it on a regular basis.

burned two gallons on the way to zippy event this year.

• 2 weeks later...
you can run tolulene and xzlyene in gas engines,kenne bell used to print "best kept secrets for your turbo buick back in the late 80's and early 90's.IT DOES WORK! Tolulene actually rasies the total octane 2 full points with 1 gallon to every 15 gallons of gas.It also cleans the entire fuel system,loosens all deposits and gets burned thru the exhaust.I use it on a regular basis.

burned two gallons on the way to zippy event this year.

Interesting...