Carbon Fiber Engine Covers

I was thinking of attempting going a different route for my engine covers instead of painting them and was interested in Carbon Fiber Ones and maybe adda SS inlay. Does anyone know someone who makes these?

Does anybody have some and post pics?

It would be cool, but for the cost of CF and where its at, wouldnt really be worth the cost. Not to mention that cause of the heat from the engine it will adventually begin to crack the clear coat of the CF. Plus its gets dirty under the hood all the time, which means excessive and needed cleaning. Again, not worth the money. Believe me I had CF stuff on my Mazda, it was a PITA!!!

It has been done before I think. I remember there was a topic on this about a year ago, they mentioned the compnay in the thread. Do a search and ye shall find it ;)

all my covers are painted and its not a pita just takes a little extra time to clean under the hood it should be clean anyways because we have sweet ass trucks and for me it would be super embarrasing to have somebody want to see under my hood and have it be all dirty the heat has not affected the paint on my covers at all and so far the heat has not affected the paint on my calipers either

DSCI0097.jpg

DSCI0096.jpg

DSCI0094-1.jpg

DSCI0095.jpg

DSCI0093.jpg

It would be cool, but for the cost of CF and where its at, wouldnt really be worth the cost. Not to mention that cause of the heat from the engine it will adventually begin to crack the clear coat of the CF. Plus its gets dirty under the hood all the time, which means excessive and needed cleaning. Again, not worth the money. Believe me I had CF stuff on my Mazda, it was a PITA!!!

:nono: not all clear coats cracks and turns yellow, just the cheap ones.

:nono: not all clear coats cracks and turns yellow, just the cheap ones.

Oh it wasnt Cheap, NO APC BS for me!!! I went with DGMotorsports.com they make Hand made products of great quality, its just being in Phoenix and having hot weather with a hot engine didnt help with the Clear Coat... I've seen it on many CF brands and products...

• 2 months later...

glad this top came up , im looking for a cf fuse box cover and a radiator shroud.

this is what i have found pics of so far , it looks like its real too , to bad i cant find out where he got them

fcec_3.JPG

ive bee wondering about those too josh but they are hidden so much with the coils it would be a shame to not be able to have them showing. not to mention you cant even see my drivers side cover because of this weird metal shiney thing. im going to start a thread on pt.net about these.

im currently doing my interior with carbon fiber, and probably going to paint most of the rest of it.

ive bee wondering about those too josh but they are hidden so much with the coils it would be a shame to not be able to have them showing. not to mention you cant even see my drivers side cover because of this weird metal shiney thing. im going to start a thread on pt.net about these.

im currently doing my interior with carbon fiber, and probably going to paint most of the rest of it.

hey chase my buddy makes CF parts............what ever you want he'll make

glad this top came up , im looking for a cf fuse box cover and a radiator shroud.

this is what i have found pics of so far , it looks like its real too , to bad i cant find out where he got them

fcec_3.JPG

Im you Chaese I looking for the same parts , and also a engine cover . There is Company around Phila area that will dip your part that you have to give them and then, they will dip them into Cardon fider , I think that maybe the way to go I feel as of now . That way is alot of $$$$$$$ :banghead: ......... But still lookin