More wind noise!

Outsource

I recently had my passenger side rear window swapped out. I was a manufacturer's error in the installation. The window wasn't seated right, and a gap remained which caused the dreaded wind noise that most of us have complaned about.

After the swap, which fixed all of the wind coming in through that rear window, I can now hear more wind noise coming in elsewhere. It's the most annoying thing in the world. I don't notice it half the time because i don't get on the expressway that often, but yesterday I traveled just short of 100 miles, back and forth, and the noise was driving me crazy.

Now, my question is, where else could the noise be coming from? Could it be coming from the windshield? Actually, I think it may be coming from the door jams, but I'm not sure.

What can I do?

I recently had my passenger side rear window swapped out. I was a manufacturer's error in the installation. The window wasn't seated right, and a gap remained which caused the dreaded wind noise that most of us have complaned about.

After the swap, which fixed all of the wind coming in through that rear window, I can now hear more wind noise coming in elsewhere. It's the most annoying thing in the world. I don't notice it half the time because i don't get on the expressway that often, but yesterday I traveled just short of 100 miles, back and forth, and the noise was driving me crazy.

Now, my question is, where else could the noise be coming from? Could it be coming from the windshield? Actually, I think it may be coming from the door jams, but I'm not sure.

What can I do?

Buy a Bentley........ Dude, this is a truck, it won't be wind noise free.

When it was making the noise was it real windy outside?

mario, i find that i have a fair ammount of wind noise comming from the sunroof. i can tell you that its not the windshield, it is pressed on with a thick glue that surrounds the edge of the glass. and you are correct about the doors, the space between the back of the fenders and the front of the doors tends to make some noise. most likely tho, what you are hearing is normal and there isnt much you can do. we can try to find a manufactoring problem again and/or dynamat the sh!t out of that thing :jester:

Buy a Bentley........ Dude, this is a truck, it won't be wind noise free.

When it was making the noise was it real windy outside?

I thought the same thing, that it was because of the suicide doors. However I've driven a ext cab F250 with 145K-miles (my stepmother's truck) and that thing didn't make a peep. This truck has piss-poor door sealing, that is my only serious body complaint with the Silverado so far.

Mr. P.

mario, i find that i have a fair ammount of wind noise comming from the sunroof. i can tell you that its not the windshield, it is pressed on with a thick glue that surrounds the edge of the glass. and you are correct about the doors, the space between the back of the fenders and the front of the doors tends to make some noise. most likely tho, what you are hearing is normal and there isnt much you can do. we can try to find a manufactoring problem again and/or dynamat the sh!t out of that thing :jester:

John - you remember when I had that rental? That thing was quiet - no wind noise whatsoever. Granted, it was a crew cab so maybe a little different structurally. The Dynomat will help with road noise, but wont really help with the wind, will it?

I guess I'll have to live with it.