First 10 second SSS

zanis520

i was checkin out the STS Turbo site today and this was the first headline on the front page for May 20th.

"Texas Rear Turbos will be taking their Silverado SS to the track to try and get into the 10's. If they break an 11.22 second quarter mile than they will have the fastest Silverado SS in the country. You can visit their website at www.TRTturbo.com "

i checked out the trt website and they had no info on when they did it or are planning to do it. anyone know anything about this???

04chase you better get your shit up and running so you kick these guys' asses

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that's the 408 STS truck that has been over at performancetrucks.net. Pretty cool.

Yea its the 408 Billy has worked on at TRTturbo. 1.69 60'

7.36 @ 90mph This is what they ran in the 1/8 mile.

Jamest

well as of right now i have that speed and 60 ft beat in the 1/8 th mile im 1/10th off on the et though. but mine was on a stock motor. im hoping to be in the 6's for the 1/8th . only time will tell and if they get the first 10 sec sss i wont be upset because that will be goal to beat with much smaller cubes.

wait a minute... parish already has a 10 second truck now, and i know there is a guy he knows that's into high 9's... both of which are short cab short bed set ups...

all it takes is money too... speed = $$$ plain and simple. Give me a stock ss and $100,000 and i will give you an 8 second truck... duh

but make it reasonable, reliable, and street legal, that is the challenge on low budget... ;)

Silverado is a Silverado. Who cares if it's a SS or not. There is always someone faster then the next guy. Right now, if you can't run with Parish and others that are in the LOW 10's and High 9's with street worthy driveablity then you have more work to do. If your in the 11's and 12's with a Silverado, your still fast, very fast. Just how many other trucks on a given day that you see on the street can even run in the 15's? Hell I'd be happy with a daily driven Silverado that can run mid 14's all day long.

Silverado is a Silverado. Who cares if it's a SS or not. There is always someone faster then the next guy. Right now, if you can't run with Parish and others that are in the LOW 10's and High 9's with street worthy driveablity then you have more work to do. If your in the 11's and 12's with a Silverado, your still fast, very fast. Just how many other trucks on a given day that you see on the street can even run in the 15's? Hell I'd be happy with a daily driven Silverado that can run mid 14's all day long.

what part of the first post dont you understand? they are talking about ss's specifically. not a regular silverado. this isnt gmfs or pt.net so i dont see how it can be made any clearer.

what part of the first post dont you understand? they are talking about ss's specifically. not a regular silverado. this isnt gmfs or pt.net so i dont see how it can be made any clearer.

exactly......its in it own class

Edited by WODY (see edit history)