First 10 second SSS

zanis520

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's even more cool is being the first AWD ex cab in the 10s.

Mr. P. :)

I couldn't agree more. I like to see the SSS's go fast with big HP. Kind of like seeing what will break and what will last. R&D from the grandstands!

There is a big difference on a street truck going 10's and a strip truck going 10's though. I will bet that I could get my truck in the 10's without adding anymore power. It will not be a street truck at all but will be fast. By gutting the interior, going lexan, dumping non-essential components (A/C, ABS, PS, large gas tank, wipers etc.) and going to 2wd with slicks and skinnies, I guarantee that I can cut 1,000 lbs out of my truck and roll a 10.99 ET.

Is this truck an honest street truck? If so, AWESOME :cheers:

What's even more cool is being the first AWD ex cab in the 10s.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid:

even if they beat chase hell just get a flux capacitor and be in the 9's first

I'll sell one to ya chase ... cheap! (It's got a leak, though) :jester:

Believe me there are more people to worry about then Chase...

Mine should be completed in 2 weeks.. It is going to Shock all the Nutswingers!

I like to keep my projects underwraps until they are complete but I am guessing with a 408 ETP 240CC heads, f1R (18lbs)with custom direct port / 4l80e w 3600 ATI tree master. Also a FAST ECM, wilson sheet metal intake. I look for 800 at all 4's with out the juice. Trust me it will run the Number.

I like to keep my projects underwraps until they are complete but I am guessing with a 408 ETP 240CC heads, f1R (18lbs)with custom direct port / 4l80e w 3600 ATI tree master. Also a FAST ECM, wilson sheet metal intake. I look for 800 at all 4's with out the juice. Trust me it will run the Number.

you better put a video of it on here after you complete that thing. that trucks gunna be a monster. :thumbs:

Hmmm...so much for being under wraps. :jester:

I am going the 408 Texas Speed 408 with the L92 heads and the GMPP intake like the Victor Jr. Going to be running a t-76, 15- 20 psi without the Juice and already have the 80E, but its not AWD. If I can plant the wheels, I may see low low 11's

Jamest

I am going the 408 Texas Speed 408 with the L92 heads and the GMPP intake like the Victor Jr. Going to be running a t-76, 15- 20 psi without the Juice and already have the 80E, but its not AWD. If I can plant the wheels, I may see low low 11's

Jamest

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Spell check please! :jester:

Hmmm...wonder what the fastest Crew Cab is... :devil:

So.. F1R man I hope you really got the engine to back that up... That F1R is too much blower for anything thats not making the power to turn it. Thats a whole lot of blower your talking about. I have been wondering where the rumors have been coming from now I know.

It will certainly be intresting to see what you do.

And I hope that F1 gets you out of the gate faster because there is going to be a chrome bumper without an SS comin up on yah pretty hard and fast with a smaller blower.

:devil:

Guys, the truck is full weight and has everything. Still AWD too. We are only running 10psi and the 7.35 was only leaving with 3psi. We have since done a couple of things, but naturally, there are a few issues. We pulled the trans; still a 4L65, to go with better 3,4 clutches. We went through the trans, but 3rd gear was trying to give up. At the same time, we had Vigalante restall the converter. Got it back in and stalled to 7psi and broke the output shaft in half sitting still. Now we have a billet shaft and will try again.

We are trying to stick with the 65 if possible.

Not sure who it is, but the fastest I can find is 11.22. I'm guessing with the 7.35, we are around 11.4 in the 1/4. If we can leave with a little more boost, we may get there. Love to be in the 6's and 10's, but the last few 1/10th's can be tough. My biggest worry is the trans.

For those who are curious, here is the set up.

HKE 408, Patriot stgIII heads, TRT custom grind cam, 3200 Vigalante, built 4l65, 4:10s, stock SS wheels, STS turbo with T-70, TRT custom fmic, '05 e-fans, tuned by Dustin @ TRT, dual intank Walbros, 60lb Mototrons.

When we get it to the track, we will have some video.

Billy @ TRT

Edited by trtturbo (see edit history)

hell..... somebody buy me some slicks and go fill my nitrous bottle up and you can have ur damn 10s...... i never saw the point of breaking my truck just to try and prove something. which is exactly why i have never used my installed throttle plate wet n20 system. :D (may need it for chase :jester: ) or if you dont want to do it on the juiice, ill get the 122 earleir.

but i agree with everyone above. its easy to throw a large displacement motor in and truck and boost the hell out of it. thats a winning combo in ANYTHING :rolleyes: