New Jet boat and SSS

BILLS04SS

Hi guys.. just leaving for the lake and wanted to shoot you guys some pics of my new jet boat and my SSS. The boat is a 1979 Southwind jetboat with original gelcoat and seats. It has a fresh 454 big block chevy with a tunnel ram and Bassett racing headers. I used some Der with a buffer and it came out great.. Enjoy the pics and have a great weekend all.

Bill

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5171-1.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful boat...72 is pushing it.....must be a strong 454....youd be surprised at how much its gonna take to get to 80.....i'll be lucky to hit 60 in mine id say..and its 500 horse....its a deeper V than a southwind tho........it'll be in the water by next weekend...cant wait...have fun....be safe

What kind of speed do you see in that thing? I'm guessing in the 80mph range?

GPS'd at 72mph with 2 guys in the boat. Not to bad for a mostly stock 454

thats what i need a ncie boat to pull behind my ss.

I would highly recommend it :) Makes your truck run fast too :cheers:

Beautiful boat...72 is pushing it.....must be a strong 454....youd be surprised at how much its gonna take to get to 80.....i'll be lucky to hit 60 in mine id say..and its 500 horse....its a deeper V than a southwind tho........it'll be in the water by next weekend...cant wait...have fun....be safe

80 is pushing in a naturally aspirated motor. I'm not looking to get it there quite yet. I just want to have a blast this summer and keep this thing turnkey. :thumbs:

I know guys with bass boats that hit 82-84 on GPS. My next boat will have at least a 250.

Easy for bass boats....low V..slim light hull...and a stern type drive system....takes alot of power to get speed out of a jet boat cuz of the drag, and the direct drive...gotta get rpms outta the motor to get rpms outta the impeller...thats why its so hard...