New Jet boat and SSS

BILLS04SS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awsome boat, I had a 71 Southwind with a 454 and the same bassett intake scoop and headers you have.

Yeah i definately like the hull design of the Southwind. Only problem is you get hooked and want to go faster.. :banghead::banghead::banghead: I have to be realistic the first year and just enjoy myself.

And yeah those bass boats with 250/300's are fast as crap. Just a different type of boating.

Edited by BILLS04SS (see edit history)

Nice rig.

I've ha dmy bass boat up to 74mph gps'd with two people in it. Thats screaming scary. Mine is a fish and ski too, not a traditional bass boat. I have seen some with mild chop hit mid 80's with ease. I love it when I'm out on the lake and go scresming by a scarab or baja with a big block and you see the look on their face like "WTF"? LOL.

Nice rig.

I've ha dmy bass boat up to 74mph gps'd with two people in it. Thats screaming scary. Mine is a fish and ski too, not a traditional bass boat. I have seen some with mild chop hit mid 80's with ease. I love it when I'm out on the lake and go scresming by a scarab or baja with a big block and you see the look on their face like "WTF"? LOL.

Yeah once you go fast in a boat you want to keep going faster. Its to addicting. I think i'm going to wait at least a year and build a blower motor setup. I want to get into the 100+mph range. :thumbs:

Beautiful boat you got there... I'd kill myself in something like that...

Hopefully within two or three years I'll be trading in my 2002 22" Bombardier for an early 90's 40" Baja 420ES... Then I'll have to buy another dually to tow it... Can't wait!!

im assuming you have already visited there..but if not....this place is loaded with info....jus hit the Just Jets sections...

HotBoat.com

Yeah I've been there chevyman. Its an addictive site. I've been 90 and i was scared shitless.. I'm happy with doing 70's for now :thumbs:

Beautiful boat you got there... I'd kill myself in something like that...

Hopefully within two or three years I'll be trading in my 2002 22" Bombardier for an early 90's 40" Baja 420ES... Then I'll have to buy another dually to tow it... Can't wait!!

Boating in general is a blast.. how many first dates can you take out and see them wearing a bra and panties??? :crackup::crackup:

Good looking rig, my boat started out just like that, now its pretty much purpose built and uses around 15 gallons per mile of etoh. Here is a a pic of it behind my wifes tbss.

post-9146-1181101846_thumb.jpg

Nice looking Tunnel Hull.. What do you have in that?

It currently has an al. headed 498bbc. Its time to replace alot of parts and I'm planning on building a 500+ci Dart based chevy with a 14-71 to replace the 8-71. I run against a few Southwinds and there pretty darned quick, what pump and bottom design do you have?