Do Pacesetters Come With Evrything Needed To INstall?

im one of the smart ones who uses the search button u fu**in tard. and dont start ragging on an old member just cause you didnt get the answer you wanted schlump. enough said. :yellow_loser:

I wasn't ragging on him, it was a joke. You, on the other hand, came in calling names. You have no room to lecture to me. Stop being an internet hardass.

• 2 weeks later...
... you will need collector flanges of some sort to connect to the y pipe or whatever if you rdoing a full exhaust. i recommend v band clamps.

Back on track here - do yourself a favor and DON'T use slip collectors, you'll be cussing yourself as you spend hours beating the exhaust apart sometime in the future to work on the transmission. V-band clamps are highly recommended.

Mr. P.

Ive got a question i searched ebay and i found a pair for 283 plus shipping for our trucks and in the auction its says it includes everything gaskets, hardware, and installation instructions and it says its made specifacly for our awd 6.0 ss. isnt there a problem with fitment issues with these headers and how hard would it be to install like a weekend project or something that will take longer? also some of you guys say to use v band clamps, how many would i need if i installed them myself? Thanks. I would prolly have someone put them on if its a big deal.

Ive got a question i searched ebay and i found a pair for 283 plus shipping for our trucks and in the auction its says it includes everything gaskets, hardware, and installation instructions and it says its made specifacly for our awd 6.0 ss. isnt there a problem with fitment issues with these headers and how hard would it be to install like a weekend project or something that will take longer? also some of you guys say to use v band clamps, how many would i need if i installed them myself? Thanks. I would prolly have someone put them on if its a big deal.

Getting slip collectors apart (many miles later, after they've 'set') is an absolute BIATCH, last weekend I helped a friend on a truck equipped with Pacesetters and the two of us had to heat the slip collectors with a propane torch to get the metal to relax and then beat on the y-pipe with a 5-lb sledge and it still took us over 3-hours to get the y-pipe off and it was totally beat to piss so a new y-pipe will have to be fabricated this week on that truck. Crap like that just takes the fun out of working on your truck.

I recommend that you have your exhaust guy weld in flanges to join the collectors to the head pipes; the cheapest would be a pair of old-school 3-bolt triangular flanges but those are kinda prone to gasket failure so I would go with something better, like v-band flanges or ??? It will cost an extra $50-100 to add good flanges to the headers but will be WELL worth it later when you need to pull it all apart to get to the transmission.

I've not put headers on my truck, however have lots of experience in f-body cars. Most guys get the Pacesetters on in a weekend and the set I saw actually fit really well. Under $300 is a good price for a set of headers BUT still remember that you are buying a cheap set of headers so I would recommend you take them to a machine shop first and MAKE SURE the flanges are straight and if not pay the $20-30 to have the header flanges machined down it need be so they will hold a gasket; actually I would double-check this with *any* header. If you are not going to have them coated I would highly recommend painting them with Eastwood header paint (great stuff) before install. After you get the headers in drive the truck to an exhaust shop and have the rest of the system welded up; you might need to add a couple feet of pipe to the collector to get the truck to run right as the O2 sensors are very close to the open end of the collectors. Even paying for collectors and welding-up a y-pipe you should be able to get a very good exhaust system for $500-600 :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)