Question about nos

ledfootss

Ledfoot , I have made a couple of changes since those pics in that thread in the picture post . . I have upgraded to a cheater fuel solenoid , and a super big shot N20 solenoid . I was having a problem with my super power shot solenoids . All I have is a mutt system made up of parts laying around . I recommend you buy a wet kit and position the fogger nozzel so it sprays directly into the throttle body . It seems to be working for me . Make sure you start out small and get used to it before you go big . I also recommend a shift kit and a fuel pressure safety switch . And if you run a 150 shot or more I recommend a timing tuner and nitrous controller . I also recommend you run 100 octane and maybe an inline fuel pump or better than stock replacement . Be Safe :thumbs:

I have a similar set-up as viperkiller. It is a combination of parts that I have put together. It is a wet system that have going into intake tube right after the mass air sensor instead of right at the throttle body. I did this to allow the fuel and nitrous more time to better atomize. I have a suplemental fuel pump from NOS in case I want to jump up to a 150 shot. I spoke with the guys at NOS and they said the stock fuel system would be fine up to 125.

I have a similar set-up as viperkiller. It is a combination of parts that I have put together. It is a wet system that have going into intake tube right after the mass air sensor instead of right at the throttle body. I did this to allow the fuel and nitrous more time to better atomize. I have a suplemental fuel pump from NOS in case I want to jump up to a 150 shot. I spoke with the guys at NOS and they said the stock fuel system would be fine up to 125.

Hey N20 , When are you going to sqeeze a 150 on that thing ?? :eek:

I was wondering about your theory on better atomization . For instance TNT kits for an LT1 spray dual foggers screwed into a plate directly behind the throttle body . They are one of the best kits on the market . IMHO you would be better off to move your fogger closer to the T.B. I have always had good luck with that !

Hey Big Tex ? What do you think ?

Has anyone run this setup ? will it even work on our trucks ?

Racer Price: $1148.00

(Dealer price not shown here.)

Usually Ships in 24-48 Hours

Mfg part#: 20109-00

Qty

You asked for it, NX invented it! The "Next Generation" nitrous company has scored again with the hottest nitrous system on the market. The NX Gemini Twin EFI system replaces the factory MAF sensor housings on LT-1 and LS-1 GM cars. This 6061-billet aluminum high flow MAF housing will increase airflow and the twin discharge nitrous system will make your F-body a giant killer! Single or dual stage 35 to 300 horsepower, times two, available.

NE MAF

thanks for the info i am starting to get a clue about it i have read about running on a low bottle does it make a differeance or does it have to be full al the time

how much did you pay for your systems to include the bottle and the warmer full price all said and done.

Thanks

Gary

Well Ledfoot , Bottle pressure is the main thing . I tune mine for 1100 psi . Usually the last couple of pounds of N20 is waisted . If you run a 125 shot I am guessing you can get 5 or 6 good passes on a 10# bottle . The first 3 will be excellent . Also a purge is good for about a tenth or two . A bottle heater is a must .

Viperkiller,

I don't have any plans one running a 150 shot, my best time is with a 100.shot. I do have 125 jets, I just didn't have the night I ran my truck last and Atlanta Dragway is closed for the season. My SS is my daily driver and I don't want to run too much nitrous on those hypereutectic/pathetic pistons, not to mention upgrading my fuel system and having to deal with having to retard my timing. :nono: I have a The Nitrous Works/Barry Grant TPI system (that's where I got my solenoids for my truck) and it has a plate that goes behind the throttle body just like the TNT system. I just feel that 100 plus hp from a single fogger nozzle is a lot and IMHO the extra 8-10 inches from the throttle body & runners is beneficial. I would hate to cause a lean condition in one cylinder and a rich one in another or a greater concentration of nitrous and fuel in closest cylinders or vise versa.

I have not done any research as far as testing my opinion by moving the nozzle closer or further from the throttle body and reading exhaust gas temps and the spark plugs, this is just my opinion. I plan on stepping up to a big shot fogger on my El Camino and it will have a single fogger nozzle for ever runner. The major difference with a Big Shot and my truck is that even when I run a 300 shot on my car, each nozzle is only flowing 37.5 hp of nitrous and fuel and you can read the plugs and change the jetting for each cylinder individually for lean or rich conditions.

I'm not saying one way or the other is right; I just want the nitrous and fuel mixture with the incoming air to be as homogeneous as possible. So if I run it lean, I'm going to run all the cylinders lean and burn holes in all my pistons, not just one or two. j/k (knock on wood).

I'm running a base NX kit. I added a bottle heater, a gauge, a purge, and some switches. I have the dual stage add-on for it, but have yet to install it.

just a couple of questions tex

what is the part number for the kit you bought i am looking at tbyrne's web page at the nx systems. did you go with the 10 lbs or 15 lbs

are you running the wot switch or doing it by hand

besides the bottle heater what else does a guy need to get started.

thanks for the input

Archived