harley series f150

whitemax

My buddy at work just got an 03' HD, and he was wanting to race me. It took us awhile to do this cuz I hardly drive my truck anymore. I kept asking him to go to the track with me, but we both work to much. Anyway we finally got the chance to run them. He was pretty quick off the line, but only got a 1/4 truck on me off the line, then I started to pull on him. By 115 mph, I had him by three truck lenths. He was surprized that I beat him by three, and so was I. Since then, we've raced three times and I still get him by three trucks everytime. Now he wants to get a different pully. I'm not sure how the out come of the race will be once he gets it, but it sure will be close, and he might beat me. I'll try and get a video of one race before he gets the pully, and one with it.

My buddy at work just got an 03' HD, and he was wanting to race me. It took us awhile to do this cuz I hardly drive my truck anymore. I kept asking him to go to the track with me, but we both work to much. Anyway we finally got the chance to run them. He was pretty quick off the line, but only got a 1/4 truck on me off the line, then I started to pull on him. By 115 mph, I had him by three truck lenths. He was surprized that I beat him by three, and so was I. Since then, we've raced three times and I still get him by three trucks everytime. Now he wants to get a different pully. I'm not sure how the out come of the race will be once he gets it, but it sure will be close, and he might beat me. I'll try and get a video of one race before he gets the pully, and one with it.

damn boy 3 trucks is alot..brings a smile to your face..

i ve heard that once they get that smaller pulley that the push damn close to the lightning.. but thats just what ive read so dont know if its true or not

i ve heard that once they get that smaller pulley that the push damn close to the lightning.. but thats just what ive read so dont know if its true or not

like i said above-i was stock other than an intake and a 4mm larger TB, and an HD with the lightning pulley(raises HP ratings to lightning ratings) i stayed with him, started pulling on him at higher speeds. the bridge climb was a slaughter, but i think his IATs were pretty high. the only difference is the HD is MUCH heavier than the lightnings..... ive raced my buddies truck so many times, and ive raced more lightnings and HDs now than i can count. just go race one lol. :driving:

All of em I've ever seen run at the track always went 14.5-14.7, S/C ones that is. A few mods on the SSS and they shouldn't be a problem.

dont quote me but i think they're faster than that i believe

they're about 325 stock i believe

The supercharged H-D's are rated at 340 hp and 425 ft lbs of torque at 3250 rpm according to FordF150.net, so it seems it would be a drivers race with numbers that close. AWD will help the SSS and the 425 lbs of torque would help the H-D. Which truck is heavier?

I raced one (HD with SC) last year with my current mods and 22's. I blew him out of the hole and had him through the 1/8th but he crept up on me and beat me by a nose (my front bumper was at his front wheel). Rumor has it the HD had a lighting pulley, though the driver denied that.

Anyway race him and let us know how it turns out.

01 f-150 HD GVWR 6275

04 SSS GVWR 6400

this is according to auto.msn

does this help?

Yes thanks. That puts the H-D at 18.45 lbs per hp to the SSS 18.50 lbs per hp, pretty even to me. The H-D does have 425 lbs of torque while the SSS has 380. But I think a good hole shot should make the difference with two stock trucks.

Sorry, I haven't been on for awhile. Yeah, I was pretty stoked when I took him like that. I've never raced a lightening, so I don't know how I would do against one. I came close once, but never did. The two of us were sitting at a light once, but I didn't even try. I know that when I went to the track and ran my 14.5 @ 96.23 mph, there was a stock lightening running a 14.2. That's at 2300 ft. above sea level though. I read that they are a 13 second truck everywhere else but Vegas or in the mountains. I sure would like to run my truck in Cali somewhere just to see what my times would be at sea level. It's just so damn hot here, and the air is so thin. I'll bet you other truck owners are really feeling the true power coming from your trucks at sea level.

Sorry, I haven't been on for awhile. Yeah, I was pretty stoked when I took him like that. I've never raced a lightening, so I don't know how I would do against one. I came close once, but never did. The two of us were sitting at a light once, but I didn't even try. I know that when I went to the track and ran my 14.5 @ 96.23 mph, there was a stock lightening running a 14.2. That's at 2300 ft. above sea level though. I read that they are a 13 second truck everywhere else but Vegas or in the mountains. I sure would like to run my truck in Cali somewhere just to see what my times would be at sea level. It's just so damn hot here, and the air is so thin. I'll bet you other truck owners are really feeling the true power coming from your trucks at sea level.

Come on over to Infinion Raceway in Northern California, It's as close as you can get to sea level. Every Wednesday night is grudge racing and I read that when they redid the layout, the first 600 feet of track was made of concrete. A lot of fast times when the NHRA runs there. I live about twenty minutes from there and have never taken my truck to see what it will do. I have ridden my motorcycle there in a racing class and the track is very nice.

• 1 month later...
I raced one (HD with SC) last year with my current mods and 22's. I blew him out of the hole and had him through the 1/8th but he crept up on me and beat me by a nose (my front bumper was at his front wheel). Rumor has it the HD had a lighting pulley, though the driver denied that.

Anyway race him and let us know how it turns out.

well whats up guys im new here im a fan of the SS and VHOs i think thoughs truck r badazz, well since its my first post i dont wanna make any enemies or anythin but i drive the HD that CenWaSS raced and i was all stock at the time my only mods were a drop-in K&N and a maggnaflow muffler full weight plus a hard tonneau. i thought i did pretty good up against the mods of the SS i raced but he also had 22s on it.