Mock up of painted interior pieces

Well i was never a fan of painted interior pieces, i think its kind of too much. But after failing to find a cool place to put my gauges i broke down and bought some pieces. The nu-image dash cover actually fits like a glove. And i figured since im doing the top of the dash the front wont look right, so i bought that peice too. Hope I like it all when its painted arrival blue..

post-4893-1180650807_thumb.jpg

Edited by jboyss (see edit history)

the scan guage face can be changed to white relatively easily, the clear plastic on the from should pop right off once the outer bezel is removed, then you can print your own and stick it in there. I'm planning on doing mine with an SS in there :D

IMO the Painted dash is a bit much, I would color match it to the interior before i painted it the same color as the truck, but you never know... a little more blue might just set the truck off :D

edit: ok, just got done pimping my guage...

whatya think? only took about 15 minutes, its kinda a hack job, but i just wanted to see how easily i could do it

post-7418-1180658062.jpg

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

the scan guage face can be changed to white relatively easily, the clear plastic on the from should pop right off once the outer bezel is removed, then you can print your own and stick it in there. I'm planning on doing mine with an SS in there :D

IMO the Painted dash is a bit much, I would color match it to the interior before i painted it the same color as the truck, but you never know... a little more blue might just set the truck off :D

whatya think? only took about 15 minutes, its kinda a hack job, but i just wanted to see how easily i could do it

post-7418-1180658062.jpg

I think it looks awesome and thanks for the idea. How did you get the template for the ss symbol? As far as color goes for the dash i think blue will pop out way to much. I got an idea thats a little differnt.

I think it looks awesome and thanks for the idea. How did you get the template for the ss symbol? As far as color goes for the dash i think blue will pop out way to much. I got an idea thats a little differnt.

I used someone's avitar as the image, and then printed it out, traced the pattern on to the paper and cut it out with a razor. Super easy :D

post-7418-1180658062.jpg

dude....sick!

Thanks Kevin, but I kinda made my own SS decals for it. I just need the black bezel now. I dont know where to get one either. As for the dash its at the painters now ill show pics when i get it all back. The gauge doesnt look good close up. I might have to do it again. It doesnt look to bad from far thuogh.

post-4893-1181157083_thumb.jpg

Edited by jboyss (see edit history)

post-9306-1180669280_thumb.jpgpost-9306-1180669329_thumb.jpgI have some of my interior painted.NU image dash cover,speaker pods,sides of center console.I did'nt like the grey int.It's a few years old,needs touch up.

how do you like those pedals? i've thought about changing mine out a couple of times but leary of metal pedals and wet feet.