just drove a cobalt ss

Z4pp

I just drove a supercharged cobalt ss and I am not impressed at all? Is this really the best our beloved chevy can do for 4cylinders?

1st gear spins too much [probably the lowpro tires] 2nd gear falls on its face and it leaves a lot to be desired, the handling is ok and the breaking is great, but the acceleration is weak!!!

I beat him in my LS swapped CRX by 4 car lengths [and not crx lengths]

I think chevy should go ahead and stuff that turbo 4 in the new cobalts immediately! "205" horsepower is just not enough to move that boat, its almost 4000 lbs.

Sad day for me :( I was going to buy one. :shakehead:

They may not be THAT impressive out of the box, but they mod MUCH easier than our trucks. For a few hundred dollars, you can take it from a mid 14's car to a high 13's car with ease. For a couple thousand, you can run low 13's...much easier than our trucks! I was thinking of getting one as a second daily driver once I sell my boat...save on some gas, but blow more mod money...lol...

Oh and here is a video of one running 13.8 and trapping 106!!! That is impressive for a four cylinder. He has a pulley, intake, exhaust, and maybe a tune, but thats it...exhaust for those cars is cheap, like $300, pulley $80, intake $200?, tune $300? if that? the guy is from my old grand prix board...traded in his GTP for it...

http://1997gtp.net/Videos/Raceday2007/syP5_1380_106.wmv

im not dodge fan but the srt-4 is actually one of the best bangs for the buck and actually the mazdaspeed 3 seems to be the fastest right now! and its relatively cheap! chevy should dump those new turbo ecotecs into the new cobalts so chevy may reign king again!

off topic but i raced some new mazda the other night and iit suprised me , i just saw him coming up fast and caught a red. so i took off normal but let the rpms climb and all the sudden i hear a turbo spool and he got me for a second but as soon as i hit 3rd i was gone . they seem to fall on there face at speed. btw i was in the camaro.

i was never a fan of the cobalt ss. i drove that and the ion redline, and the ion was actually 100x better. but if i had my choice, id take the sky redline. that thing is sick. 0-60 in 5.5 with a manual, and 5.2 with the auto. plus gets 31 mpg highway