How Fast?

lol havent thought hopefully it holds im sure as hell not putting pins in it. it may get shakey but it should hold. the cowl should be good for some extra down force. i may put some weather stripping on the bottom of the hood like p said.

Well if you're cowl hood wasn't already functional I'd say remove the plastic cowl cover & weatherstrip and add a 3/4" lip along the back edge of the hood, that will extract the underhood air like a mofo, not only keep that hood glued down but also actually provide a few more pounds of downforce...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya the factory speed limiter is between 106 and 110, and is ETC controlled so it doesnt feel like a rev limiter/fuel cut. IMO a stock/moderately modified SS can do up to 130 and then it starts to stop accelerating. ive gotten 146 with the auto tranny, and yes mr. p the gear limited top speed is in the 170 ballpark. but like you said, its a hell of a brick to ever push near that fast. i think being almost 4 inches lower helped me alot, and yes my hood @ 140ish does look like its about to smash into my windshield...... i cant wait to see what she does with the new motor and the t-56 (gear limited to 185+) and once i get the 4.10s in :devil:

BTW DONT FORGET- stock tires are not rated for speeds above 110 (yes of course they can go faster) but be careful, on the dyno when they are spun faster they get hot as hell really fast. we wouldnt wanna see anybody get hurt

EDIT: that 146 was GPS SOG, the log files said 150something but really doubt thats accurate. it was still pulling fairly good, ran into traffic tho

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

ya the factory speed limiter is between 106 and 110, and is ETC controlled so it doesnt feel like a rev limiter/fuel cut. IMO a stock/moderately modified SS can do up to 130 and then it starts to stop accelerating. ive gotten 146 with the auto tranny, and yes mr. p the gear limited top speed is in the 170 ballpark. but like you said, its a hell of a brick to ever push near that fast. i think being almost 4 inches lower helped me alot, and yes my hood @ 140ish does look like its about to smash into my windshield...... i cant wait to see what she does with the new motor and the t-56 (gear limited to 185+) and once i get the 4.10s in :devil:

BTW DONT FORGET- stock tires are not rated for speeds above 110 (yes of course they can go faster) but be careful, on the dyno when they are spun faster they get hot as hell really fast. we wouldnt wanna see anybody get hurt

Yes, agree here - don't try to outdrive the vehicle.

Lowering did help a bit, there's a few aero things I really want to try, I think I can get another 10-mph out of the truck and hell it might even make a difference in my 1/4-m MPH too. Time to hammer some aluminum!

Mr. P. :)

Yes, agree here - don't try to outdrive the vehicle.

Lowering did help a bit, there's a few aero things I really want to try, I think I can get another 10-mph out of the truck and hell it might even make a difference in my 1/4-m MPH too. Time to hammer some aluminum!

Mr. P. :)

dont forget you already have an advantage...... i have the rediculously large 06 front end lol. on another note i think the bedcovers help alot