HID Help

NashSS

I love my $100 HID kit and as for the ballast I have had no problems with plastic melting plus they are in a metal bracket.

I know that but where i was gonna put the ballasts there are bulb wires and everything near it so i wanted to make sure it didnt get hot to melt em is all.

About the side that made no noise/light - the problem is the ballast, not the bulb. (1) test the second bulb on the working balast, just to make sure both bulbs are ok, (2) check to make sure the 12v power wires to the second ballast aren't accidentally swapped - the polarity has to be correct for them to work.

Mr. P.

OK well I went out this morning and made absolutly sure I had everything right and turns out i didnt so now I got both of them working i just had the plug from the ballast to the oem headlight harness backwards so its all right now and looks great and cant wait to get them on the road tonight to see the difference and take some pics for you guys.

OK well I went out this morning and made absolutly sure I had everything right and turns out i didnt so now I got both of them working i just had the plug from the ballast to the oem headlight harness backwards so its all right now and looks great and cant wait to get them on the road tonight to see the difference and take some pics for you guys.

Cool I did the same thing because they are able to be plugged in backwards and i didn't realize it until it happened. I am glad thats all it was.

yup it sure is possible to plug them in backwards. What I plugged in backwards was the part that you plug into the orignal oem socket for a regular bulb there is no snap or anything to prevent you from plugging them in backwards. If you get a hid kit and they dont work or one of them doesnt work just flip em around and they should work. the way i found out is i plugged in the one that i knew was working yesterday but it wasnt working today so wtf? so i got the looking and realized that they can be plugged in wrong so then i swapped em turned em on and jumped for joy! Im really annxious for night time to come around but that doesnt happen until about 9ish and its only 230

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

One more thing is it normal for them to flicker a little bit at start up because they do and ive turned on a few seperate times today to make sure everything still works ok.

One more thing is it normal for them to flicker a little bit at start up because they do and ive turned on a few seperate times today to make sure everything still works ok.

Yes it is kind of a warm up thing but is normal. No worries.

Question, my kit came with all the plug in sockets, but it also has two extra wires on each ballest (can't remember the colors), but they didn't have a socket on them. I didn't hook those up to a 12 volt source or the ground. I just taped them off. I didn't think that I need them because everything is working fine. Are you guys doing the same? Also for those of you that have the 8000k. Mine has a slight purple to the blue. I don't know if this is because of the kit or if it's because the truck, is anyone else's doing this?

Question, my kit came with all the plug in sockets, but it also has two extra wires on each ballest (can't remember the colors), but they didn't have a socket on them. I didn't hook those up to a 12 volt source or the ground. I just taped them off. I didn't think that I need them because everything is working fine. Are you guys doing the same? Also for those of you that have the 8000k. Mine has a slight purple to the blue. I don't know if this is because of the kit or if it's because the truck, is anyone else's doing this?

As for the 2 wires my kit didn't have that. I have heard some kits have to be ran to th battery and ground so maybe that is why you have the 2 extra wires. Read the instructions that came with it. I have 6000K and its more of an icey blue but i do not due much night driving so the color has not set in completely yet. the higher the "K" value the more blue/purple your gonna get.

I think they put the extra wires there for older trucks as an option to use either or, but I'm not sure. Everything is working fine, just didn't know about those. I didn't hook them up because everything is plug and play. As far as the color of the bulbs, I was just asking if anyone else was having the same color from the 8000k bulb. One of my friends has a titan with the same kit and bulb color, but his is more of a blue than mine and no purple. So I'm wondering if it's the make or model of the truck that ommits a different color.