SOME BULBS I FOUND

These things are actually really close to HID, I mean Ive had like 4 sets of HID before and I mean all of them, the Phillips, McChulla and Hella but these things are actually awsome and they are only 25 bucks and they come with no ballasts or wires.

Here is the link.

http://www.hirheadlights.com/

• 1 month later...
Anyone else try these? One of my silverstars went out last night and I'm looking for something brighter (non hid).

If you look you can find "racing halogens" that are like 85 or 100 watt vs. stock 55-watt. But you can get a pair of HIDs for 100-bones and they are far superior.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

If you look you can find "racing halogens" that are like 85 or 100 watt vs. stock 55-watt. But you can get a pair of HIDs for 100-bones and they are far superior.

Mr. P.

Those 'racing halogens' have been proven to melt the connector to the bulb..

But you are right, you can get an HID kit for something like $120 shipped... and those HIR bulbs are going to be around $60 shipped so why not just go for the HID. Those HIR bulbs sound like a gimmick though.. Halogen is Halogen... unless you change the housing they are sitting in, there is no way a standard halogen bulb is going to have a better beam pattern or prevent light 'scatter'.. you need a projector housing to do that.

Are the $100 HID's the cheaper ones? I read a couple threads on here about other users having problems with there HID's not staying on or going out all the time.

Anyone recommend a brand or a place to purchase HID's?

I bought mine off eBay from a member here, bgdsub or somthing like that.. I got the 4300k versions from him, but didnt like the yellowish look so I upgraded to the 6000k's and they worked perfect... I say do a search and get a set from him, he shipped fast and they worked awesome.

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

I bought mine off eBay from a member here, bgdsub or somthing like that.. I got the 4300k versions from him, but didnt like the yellowish look so I upgraded to the 6000k's and they worked perfect... I say do a search and get a set from him, he shipped fast and they worked awesome.

Awesome, I will check it out. Were they pretty easy to install??

Awesome, I will check it out. Were they pretty easy to install??

Dude they were VERY easy... it only takes a ratchet and about 20 mins of your time! You will love em.. the 6000ks are the best IMO because they look the closest to the Escalade HIDs.

Dude they were VERY easy... it only takes a ratchet and about 20 mins of your time! You will love em.. the 6000ks are the best IMO because they look the closest to the Escalade HIDs.

Agreed, as far as the ease of install. I found the most time consuming part of the whole install process was figuring out a spot to mount the ballasts.