Anyone know of a flush-mount tonneau cover?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adams2003 also has the gem top and its a nice looking top but its not aluminum its pretty heavy. a bed cover will also help your et. a flush mount aluminum one would be very nice.

that one is $750 compared to the checkmates $350.

Exactly. It basically comes down to 'is it worth an extra $400 for a perfectly smooth surface'

I liked my previous Checker and still plan on going that route personally. In the end I think the Gemtop does look a little better though.

adams2003 also has the gem top and its a nice looking top but its not aluminum its pretty heavy. a bed cover will also help your et. a flush mount aluminum one would be very nice.

My friend you and I think a lot alike; an aluminum one would be a good performance piece.

My friend you and I think a lot alike; an aluminum one would be a good performance piece.

My 118lb Speedstur doesn't help my E.T. :nonod: It is easy to take off but cumbersome and requires 2 people. I agree with you guys,...a nice Al flush mount would be ideal (looks and performance)

I got the GemTop cover and I love the look. When all was said and done, it came out to be pretty pricey. There were a couple of little mods I had to make because of the tailgate cap to install the locking mechanism. It was pretty easy though. It comes painted to match too which is nice. Install was about 45 min. Here's a link to some pics.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2279076/1

I've got a couple of request for a gaylords speedstur group buy. I can get the new TL version for about $950. I'll need someone to start a thread on it. I'm a supporting member but I don't want to violate any site rules. I like this site way to much to get booted :shakehead:

Bob

That Gem top looks nice...I may look into carrying them.

I got the GemTop cover and I love the look. When all was said and done, it came out to be pretty pricey. There were a couple of little mods I had to make because of the tailgate cap to install the locking mechanism. It was pretty easy though. It comes painted to match too which is nice. Install was about 45 min. Here's a link to some pics.

i'm sold on that gemtop. looks great man. :thumbs: its cheaper than the gaylords which is nice too.

I have the Pace Edwards Bedlocker cover....

Electric Retractable Bed Cover and a Carpeted bed...

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpage...s_bedlocker.htm

17 hundred for that thing :eek: no thank you

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
check mate makes one,but it not to strong

How much weigth can it hold?

So the price shows is for the cover painted? I think the web site had $700+?

Will both these covers work with some smooth bed rail tops? I was thinking about adding the smooth bed rail tops/rear wing that styling concepts has($440 + S&H). It's cheaper than adding the intimidator wing($600+ shipped) and looks just like it.

How much weigth can it hold?

So the price shows is for the cover painted? I think the web site had $700+?

Will both these covers work with some smooth bed rail tops? I was thinking about adding the smooth bed rail tops/rear wing that styling concepts has($440 + S&H). It's cheaper than adding the intimidator wing($600+ shipped) and looks just like it.

I've been eyeing up those Street Scene smooth caps and wing as well. Spent a good bit of time yesterday digging up pictures of the setup and trying to determine if a flush mount would work with the wing. From what I can tell, shouldn't be an issue - the wing is pretty low profile at the point the lid should run out to.

SSE_03_Chev_SS_Bed_Caps_1_Big.jpg

Edited by Blk06Limited (see edit history)

I just wanted to thank everyone for adding to the discussion, this has been a great thread - I had no idea there were so many products. Right now I'm leaning towards the Daytona Lid.

Mr. P.