Adding Amp to Stock Speakers

:confused: I have a 07 Silverado Classic Crew Cab with the stock two way components in the front doors and i am not real sure what comes in the rear doors. I have already swapped out the head unit for a Alpine CDA-9835 which is driving all the speakers now and it sounds ok. I have sitting in my attic a Alpine 5 ch. amp MRV-F357 that I am thinking about mounting under the rear seat and driving all the speakers with that just using 4 of the 5 Ch. for now. The big question is am I asking for trouble using this amp on the stock speakers, I am just looking for a little more volume not alot of bass. The Alpine head unit is only rated at something like 18wx4 so the power output would be a bit more and possibly cleaner.

Thanks for any insight on this.

Andy

I have the same amp. It has more than enough power to blow the stock speakers. Of course if you can exercise some self control, they may last for a little while. :cool: Don't think I could. I suggest you forget the rear speakers and use the amp as a 3 channel amp to power the fronts and a sub. You would see a huge improvement even if you only spend $100-$150 on some good 6 1/2" components.

Oh, and don't forget some sound deadening on the doors like RAAMmat BXT.

Edited by 06silverado (see edit history)

Need to do this in stages so the amp will come first since I already have it. Will just have to go easy on the volume until I replace the front components. Not real sure about what to do for a sub I have a 10" Alpine but do not want to get real carried away with building a box and don't want to spend a small fortune on a sub box.