Not happy with zippy shift kit

hope your still not waiting on dynatech cause they fit fine on an 06. had mine on for almost 9 months now. definately get the cooler its a cheap mod that is good insurance in the long run. the stock guage in these trucks arent that accurate anyways.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey rivierakid, did you get the new style dynatechs or the old style. Where did you order them from. And lastly did you have to mod them at all to get them to fit?

I am going to get the tranny cooler, and the code read tonight I will let you guys now what I find out.

i have the old style but that isnt going to change where the collecters exit so it should fit the same. i contacted dynatech and they told me the same thing that they hadnt test fit it on an 06 or later. it will bolt right to your stock exhast system or too a corsa cat back type system.

Sounds like your tranny guy might have gotten a little sloppy this time, or he had someone on his staff do the work. I have never heard of a problem with Zippy's stuff that wasn't self inflicted.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say I sent the incorrect kit, I sent parts that don't go into an 06' because I didn't get the year of the truck from you when it was ordered. The boost valve and tcc valve are left stock in an 06'. As Joe said, this is why I stopped sellintg them for a while and likely will again in the future. A shift kit isn't very complicated unless you make it out to be.

As Joe said, this is why I stopped sellintg them for a while and likely will again in the future. A shift kit isn't very complicated unless you make it out to be.

I hope this won't happen soon, almost scraped up enough quarters around the car wash's for a kit..... :fingersx: