Fresh pics with the new '06+ Reflexxions Hood

I'm not so sure that the hood does it for me. At times I still don't know if I like the HD hood, I wish they would have kept the regular hood on the trucks.

You know GM.. They can't go 2 or 3 years without making some random change(s) for no apparent reason. I like the HD hood personally, bit more aggressive IMO

You know GM.. They can't go 2 or 3 years without making some random change(s) for no apparent reason. I like the HD hood personally, bit more aggressive IMO

I really didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me over time. There are still times that I look at it and it just doesn't seem to look right.

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)

Would you be interested in selling the painted bumper trim if you are going with an SS frontend?

The thought has crossed my mind if it's not too much of a pain to ship like the OEM chrome grill I tried to sell. Where are you located?

just to voice my opinion again...i actually like it from the front but its that side shot where it looks like a cowl on top of a cowl that just makes me think no i dont want it.

Funny you say that, I actually hate the side profile view as well - just put it up there because I figured some may want to see it. It's rare that anyone would see the hood from that exact angle anyway.

i'm in miami Fl... but i'm just a little curious if it would make it through the mail without the paint getting chipped up like my Regency rollpan did. Let me know

I'm no postal expert, but if it's wrapped and packaged right I wouldn't think it would chip.. Sounds like your Regency rollpan was a) painted poorly or b) wasn't packaged properly.

I like it!!! along with the HD hood, but also agree it probably only looks good on 4X4's.

You say it was a few bucks over $250?? that is painted right? Is your view affected that bad?

Sorry about that lol I was being sacasitc.The hood was $650 and then a couple hundred more for PPG Global Base / Clear.

As for the view, not much different than the stocker. The added center cowl isn't that high at all.

I have always been a fan of the cowl induction hood, but on the HD hood, it looks too low profile for me. like some of the other guys have said, it looks like a cowl on top of a cowl.

I guess I would need to see it in person to make a truly honest decision.t

truck does look good though!!

i recieved it wrapped in cardboard and nothing else.......but I have an RST rollpan and exhaust setup! that's kept me from getting too pissed

Ahh well that explains a lot lol. I always wrap anything thats painted in bubble wrap first, preferably with a soft cloth between the part and the bubble wrap, and then put it in the box and surround it with packing peanuts. Just like a paint job - prep work is everything. I'll let you know first if I decide to sell it. It's got a fresh coat of PPG Global base / clear on it - had it resprayed while the hood was getting done last week. Basically brand new.

• 1 month later...