corsa

saleen1

Does the 14290 use a dual in head pipe? The SSS (as you know) uses two seperate pips all the way to the muffler. I don't know if the 2500/3500 trucks are the same or if they use a Y head pipe. That's probably the big difference.

• 5 months later...
Does the 14290 use a dual in head pipe? The SSS (as you know) uses two seperate pips all the way to the muffler. I don't know if the 2500/3500 trucks are the same or if they use a Y head pipe. That's probably the big difference.

Do not order 14290. It is a totally different system all together for the 6.0L/8.1L HD's. It uses a single in-single out muffler and a really weird intermediate pipe set-up. While the SSS system uses a single in-single out muffler, the intermediate pipe is a dual Y which reduces down into a single before going into the muffler. If you order 14290, it will not work.

Trust me, my supplier sent me a 14290 system on accident, it is no where near close. If you go to Corsaperf.com you can look up the instructions for both systems (which include the exhaust diagram), you will see what I am talking about.

You either want 14279 (Sport) or 14289 (Touring). Sport is louder, touring is more mellow.

I'm confused :confused: My SSS came stock with a dual in single out. You said that it's different. Did I buy the wrong one, if so whats the difference in the two? Is this the right one? Does it make a difference in HP and TQ?

IMG_0230.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

Mine looks exactly like that, it is the right one. What I am trying to say is that the Intermediate "Y" pipe for the SS (14279-14289) system is much different than the 2500 6.0L HD (14290-14292) system Intermediate "Y" Pipe. The mufflers look exactly the same, although available in Sport and Touring editions.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
i know my truck calls for the 14289.but does any body know what the difference is. i can get a smoking deal on the 14290 do you know if it will work.thanks

how smoking of a deal? cause i have (2) 14289 in unopened boxes for sale and i am willing to let them go super cheap! 480-330-7648 jake in arizona

post-18266-1245520170_thumb.jpg