Tires - Who's using 295s?

Well my rear tires are about done at 17800 miles :driving:

Thinking about replacing all four OEM 275/55-20s with some 295/45-20s. Sure someone on here is running that combo, wondering which tires and how you like them overall. At the moment I'm considering the Yoko Parada Spec-X over anything else I've found:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...rd=20&ar=45

There are also some Hanooks and Falkens at the same $160ish price point. Never used Hanook and have had bad experiences with Falken Zieks on my old 97 Eclipse turbo. So... what chall think?

i have bfg's that are this size (295-45-20) on my truck, they fit well.

Any noticable difference in ride quality? Worth the change for improved traction / handling?

I think u would want 295-50-R20's. Less difference overall...

295/45s are only 3MPH fast at 60MPH, not too bad - plan on getting a tune within the next month anyway so that's fairly irrelevant.

In any case, 295/50s aren't a bad idea. 45s would lower me an extra .7" but would also give me an extra .7" inch of dreaded fenderwell gap.

50s are about dead on in diameter.. May be the way to go, good call :chevy:

I think u would want 295-50-R20's. Less difference overall. and MORE tire...

See here: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Been using that calc since like 1997 - best one on the web IMO

They ride alot better the stock tires and i like the look better with a lowered truck.

Anything has got to ride better than these shatty LS2s, that's why I didnt care about running them down so quickly - excuse to replace.

Have any pics of your truck with them on?

Also considering Nitto 420s 305/50-20s now - for whatever reason they only make 295/50-20 in Whitewall? WTF...

Only other 295/50s I could find are both Falken and a General.. me no likie Falken, no experience with General.

Edited by Blk06Limited (see edit history)