garage

drako

Question

I know the site is having problems but I remember Josh saying that the garage would be back up a couple of months ago. That they were just waiting if it was ok with us to be joined with other sites.

A lot of the new guys were not able to appreciate the garage.

So let me break it down, the garage let you upload photos of your truck, mods whatever. You could add mods to different catagories with a rating system, how much you spent on it, the price for install and a comment section for your review, as well as a picture of the mod. This made it VERY easy to look around and see what people thought of thier mods instead of starting a new thread. Also great to get part number for hard to reach items (hawk pads, brake lines etc) It had your total amount of mods, money youve spent and a bunch of things to remind you of your money pit.

The garage was a great tool and provided organization to the site. It was one of those "cool" things that other sites did not have. Lately the site has been kinda slow and it really isnt like the old days, so I say bring back one of those great things that really made this place stand out besides the members.

14 answers to this question

i was just able to watch the very end, and then it wasnt there anymore. i would love to have that happen. also maybe get the chat working??

We have a chat!??!?! WHERE?!

All this stuff needs to be fixed...

:withstupid: The chat would be cool!

Seriously, then I could finally give that "view new posts" button the finger... I think the only major issue with the chat is that this is a forum, so all the helpful knowledge that we pour into this place gets recorded, and be accessed by everyone, it's a very public thing... chat rooms are very spontaneous, and it would be a huge waste of time to log all of the chat data because there wouldn't be a reliable way to search through it all... If there was a chat it would have to be for quick questions or just random BS that wasn't really related to the trucks... at least IMO that's problem...

but the GARAGE... now that's damn good idea (wink wink)...

Specific chat times would draw a lot of attention, true. But not everyone would be able to experience it due to work or w/e... I suggest opening two rooms, one for supporting members and one for regular members (do not allows guests, they'd ask too many questions w/o searching the forum first)...

let us know!

edit: interviews are an awesome idea!!!!

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

if we bring back chat i think it would be great. we could promote it more by setting up specific chat times like every tuesdays@ 10est ,maybe do some interviews. who knows.

I like this idea the only problem would be getting everyone not to talk at the same time..lol