who has drop shackles on their trucks?

eddieo818

I have the drop shackles that level out my truck. i belive they are beltech one to. i've had em for about a year now and let me tell you every 2-3 months i have to greece them up and im simply tired of dealing with them! maybe you guys know a good company that makes pretty good quality ones where i don't have to deal with the f-ing noises.

edit- any of you havin to deal with the squeaky noise??

Edited by eddie da chevy guy (see edit history)

You need a louder exhaust.

I have Beltech 1" lowering shackles and haven't heard any squeaking...of course, I'm still trying to stop the GM squeaks on the inside of the cab...

my exhaust is pretty loud i have flowmaster dual 40 series one coming out the back and the other turns down so it pretty loud. the squeaking only occured after i pressure wash the underbody of my truck and it only happens when im pulling into a driveway or going over speed bumps, etc... the guy at the suspension shop said to use urathane greece on the bushings so i did and it only covers me for a few months then i have to hunt for the greece again :banghead: i never find it @ local parts stores :banghead:

From what I understand, the only shackles that squeak are the ones that use urethane eyelets instead of rubber. Only ones I know for a fact that use rubber are the Belltech pieces. In any case, you should be able to grease them using some waterproof grease to get rid of the squeaks. Trust me, I've had full urethane bushing sets on cars before and that usually does the trick. May need to reapply later down the road at interval though.

I have the drop shackles that level out my truck. i belive they are beltech one to. i've had em for about a year now and let me tell you every 2-3 months i have to greece them up and im simply tired of dealing with them! maybe you guys know a good company that makes pretty good quality ones where i don't have to deal with the f-ing noises.

edit- any of you havin to deal with the squeaky noise??

I have the same dam problem tired had mine for 4 months and started that noise right when i put them on need a diff brand