Stock y-pipe/cat piping size

SCIV

I gutted my kitties awhile back, now it won't pass emissions. I was going to replace with the spun metallic Magna's, but didn't know what diameter the stock piping is. It looks like 2.5", but all the post on here are for the 3".

Any insight would be appreciated so I can order these bad boys!!

Thanks guys,

S.C.

I know if you buy some regular 2.5" aluminized exhaust pipe, is slides INSIDE of the stock pipe and fits loosely, so the stock stuff is slightly larger than standard 2.5". When I put my 2.5" magnaflow on I had to use band clamps, because the pipe wouldn't fit in the muffler and vice versa.

The stock tailpipe is like 3.5"

I know if you buy some regular 2.5" aluminized exhaust pipe, is slides INSIDE of the stock pipe and fits loosely, so the stock stuff is slightly larger than standard 2.5". When I put my 2.5" magnaflow on I had to use band clamps, because the pipe wouldn't fit in the muffler and vice versa.

The stock tailpipe is like 3.5"

did you get your pipe 2.5" inside or outside diameter?

did you get your pipe 2.5" inside or outside diameter?

Yeah, I ordered 2.5" exhaust pipe which is 2.5" OD. Mufflers, tips, etc. are 2.5" ID. The stock tubing was larger than the 2.5" ID on my magnaflow but not large enough for the muffler to slide in. I didn't put a caliper in it to know the exact size, but I was just saying regular 2.5" exhaust tubing is a little loose in it.

• 3 weeks later...