4L60E "Wake up kit"

Hey guys... I am wanting to get the "cadillac shifting" out of my stock '04 SSS. I have been looking at shift kits and servos. I found this "Wake up kit" on the Transmissioncenter website. It consists of a High performance Intermediate billet servo, High performance overdrive billet servo, and a Oversize pressure boost valve. They say you will not need a shift kit with this kit. :dunno:

I am looking for nice firm shifts and I wanted to do something before I got my PCM tuned. Just wanted some thoughts on this "wake up kit". Would love to hear some insite from Mr. P, ever since I read his great post on Transmissions I wanted to do something to mine. :thumbs:

I called transmissioncenter.net and talked to one of the guys there. He said that I could get the kit installed before I had my PCM tuned. I want to do any work to the transmission first and then do the tune.

My reference to the "Cadillac shift" was to get rid of it. Just want to tighten up the sloppy stock shifting and get more positive and firm shifts. IMO the trans on these trucks is the weak point. Jim

That is a good kit. From what I've heard/read on hear, and elsewhere, it's best to do the valve body reprogram along with the billett servos. Zippy makes a kit that has the servos, and the valve body reprogram for $230.

Yes you will have to reprogram the PCM, because it will relearn and soften the shifts after a while.

:withstupid: For another $40-50 get the Zippy Kit. I've talked a bit with Jim @ PATC too, he certainly seems a very knowledgeable guy. But billet servos alone will not fix a few of the other valve body issues in this trans. Zippy's 4L60E kit is not only billet servos & boost valve but also separator plate recalibration and several other valve body fixes, it is on the other extreme from Cadillac shifting. :D Remember that the goal here is reduction/elimination of PCM torque management, so after install of the shift kit you will want to reprogram the PCM.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid: For another $40-50 get the Zippy Kit. I've talked a bit with Jim @ PATC too, he certainly seems a very knowledgeable guy. But billet servos alone will not fix a few of the other valve body issues in this trans. Zippy's 4L60E kit is not only billet servos & boost valve but also separator plate recalibration and several other valve body fixes, it is on the other extreme from Cadillac shifting. :D Remember that the goal here is reduction/elimination of PCM torque management, so after install of the shift kit you will want to reprogram the PCM.

Mr. P. :)

Thanks for the feedback Mr. P. Now when you say Zippys kit is on the other extreme...is it going to be a head banger or just getting nice firm shifts and shift hard (not to break parts) at the occasional WOT?? I want to get better durability as well, sounds like Zippys kit would take care of all that? After I put in whichever kit I am going to have the PCM tuned as well. Please let me know. Thanks! :cheers:

save your money and get the transgo hd-02 series c shift kit :thumbs: then buy some billet servos and a tune and your all set :D

Indeed. All of the above next on my list of hard parts after I take care of new tires and IAS shocks in the next few weeks. Cannot WAIT. Torque Management really pissing me off :ughdance:

save your money and get the transgo hd-02 series c shift kit :thumbs: then buy some billet servos and a tune and your all set :D

How much is the transgo Hd-02 series C shift kit?? I am trying to stay within a budget, but you know how that goes.....the more I think about the how the upgrades will turn out, the better performance, more fun to drive, etc...etc... :thumbs: Thanks

So, taking my budget into consideration....do you guys think it would be just a "quick fix" if I just added the Corvette servo (1-2 servo I think), and had the tune done?? I am probably answering my own question, cause it sounds like the complete fix is the Zippy Kit or the Transgo HD2-C with servos, and then do the tune.

Why cant I win some kind of lottery, so I dont have to scrape up money?? :dunno::thumbs: