4L60E "Wake up kit"

Do the shift kit, it's about $75 from oregon performance online or ebay. You'll need a inch/lb micrometer torque wrench at minimum, which is another $80, and I won't touch a valve body without a factory service manual. Some will say you dont need the torque wrench, I disagree completely. Very easy to over-torque when putting everything back together. That can cause the valves to bind, plates to warp, or material to strip - don't risk it. All and all, it's an easy job - go ahead and replace the filter while your in there and replace the pan gasket.

So, taking my budget into consideration....do you guys think it would be just a "quick fix" if I just added the Corvette servo (1-2 servo I think), and had the tune done?? I am probably answering my own question, cause it sounds like the complete fix is the Zippy Kit or the Transgo HD2-C with servos, and then do the tune.

Why cant I win some kind of lottery, so I dont have to scrape up money?? :dunno::thumbs:

The zippy performance shift kit is a Superior kit that has been further modified/calibrated to use billet servos; it doesn't bang into 2nd at part throttle but there is a definite kick to it, passengers will certainly know that the trans has been modified. This kit is well-suited for use in FI applications.

The Transgo HD2C kit was specifically designed for use with the Vette 2nd servo, and you can get both to your door from Oregon Trans (eBay) for about 110-bones; the Transgo kit works, don't get me wrong especially for N/A applications. If you go with the Transgo kit, DO NOT put more than 2 washers in the 2nd accumulator cup, and I *highly* recommend you still buy & install the Fairbanks 4th/OD servo so that you get maximum clamping on the band for towing and WOT in high gear.

I started out with a Transgo kit in my tranny + Transgo separator plate + billet servos + accumulator valve; I would have been cheaper off to buy the Zippy Kit

Mr. P.

The zippy performance shift kit is a Superior kit that has been further modified/calibrated to use billet servos; it doesn't bang into 2nd at part throttle but there is a definite kick to it, passengers will certainly know that the trans has been modified. This kit is well-suited for use in FI applications.

The Transgo HD2C kit was specifically designed for use with the Vette 2nd servo, and you can get both to your door from Oregon Trans (eBay) for about 110-bones; the Transgo kit works, don't get me wrong especially for N/A applications. If you go with the Transgo kit, DO NOT put more than 2 washers in the 2nd accumulator cup, and I *highly* recommend you still buy & install the Fairbanks 4th/OD servo so that you get maximum clamping on the band for towing and WOT in high gear.

I started out with a Transgo kit in my tranny + Transgo separator plate + billet servos + accumulator valve; I would have been cheaper off to buy the Zippy Kit

Mr. P.

Do you know if the Transgo plate comes pre-drilled for use with the shift kit? I'm assuming some holes in the factory plate need drilled out, has been the case in other cars I've done.

Also, does anyone know if the 46-PLT-96 plae listed for use on 96 - 2004 will also work on a 2006. Looking for first hand or proven results, heard there may be differences in the 2006 valve body.