Volant CAI problem

mjt505

Hopin someone can help, got a new Volant CAI off ebay for the SSS, problem, I received the part# 15053, not 15153 intended for the SS...can the stocker be used or is this special grommet absolutely necessary, and if it is, is there anywhere I can get just the grommet so I don't have to go thru a bunch of sh*t sending this thing back. Thanks for the help.

Hopin someone can help, got a new Volant CAI off ebay for the SSS, problem, I received the part# 15053, not 15153 intended for the SS...can the stocker be used or is this special grommet absolutely necessary, and if it is, is there anywhere I can get just the grommet so I don't have to go thru a bunch of sh*t sending this thing back. Thanks for the help.

What grommet? :dunno:

How are the kits different? The stock 4.8/5.3/6.0 all use the same airbox/MAF/Throttle body from the factory, which would mean everything should fit just fine. :confused:

I'm not sure, in those f'd up volant instructions it says if you own a SSS you need part #15153 that includes a grommet from volant for fitting from the tube to the throttle body, I called volant yesterday, they are sending me the grommet for free so when I get it I will compare it to the one that came off the stock intake and see whats different.

from what ive heard....everything is the same except the 15053 is a bit tighter on the throttle body. i would say everything should be fine. but i dunno for sure.

That's just it though, the throttle bodies are the same as are the intake pieces stock vs stock.