silverado over GN

Quik

last night leaving a car cruise a buddy of mine in his 87 GN and i were cruising the highway. he looked over and i put it in third he honked and i took off [yes i jumped] he didnt have much chance, so we tried it again. i did the honking and was about 50mph i was in third once again. i let off around 115 and i had a good few lengths on him. ok now for the final and most fair race..... we slow down to about 35mph at this time im in 3rd gear around 2800rpms or so. [not in my power band at all] and trans is to hard to get into 2nd. well i wait till he builds boost and then i honk 3 times. at this time we take off pretty even, i get up around 6k and start to pull on him, shifted into 4th [waved at him] and just continued to put lenghts on him. we get to a local hangout and bullshit some. i asked what is his car running the way it sits and he said high 11s.

if some are wondering i have more miles on the motor now, im little over 300 now and the tune is coming along nicely. if some are wondering the truck is sitting on chrome SS wheels which we all know weigh in at a good amount.

thanks everyone. its nice i got the driviablity down good. it almost drives like the 5.3 used to. but its a pure beast in the rpm range

i thought of going ot the track on the 20s with no suspension just for shits and giggles. i cant afford the suspension work at hte moment or a 30" tire and my 28s from last year are to small for the gearing i have

Hmmm sounds like something I saw on national TV :jester::thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

har har har lol

har har har lol

:lol: Just bustin on ya - actually I'm in awe of how well you read a tree, I totally suck at that and need tons more practice. Awesome kill, can't wait to see what that truck can really do at the track!

:lol: Just bustin on ya - actually I'm in awe of how well you read a tree, I totally suck at that and need tons more practice. Awesome kill, can't wait to see what that truck can really do at the track!

i know you were, yea im curious as well to what it can do with proper suspension