vmax is going into the shop

firervfd37

anyone else have a problem with there truck stalling? mine did it today..yah only one time but the truck should not stall while pulling into a parking spot. luckily my zippy tune will be in tomm and the dealership will be running a tuning, diagnostic test. then i am going to have them change my belt so its not squeeling when i floor it and it shifts gears. ok thats all for now...

anyone else have a problem with there truck stalling? mine did it today..yah only one time but the truck should not stall while pulling into a parking spot. luckily my zippy tune will be in tomm and the dealership will be running a tuning, diagnostic test. then i am going to have them change my belt so its not squeeling when i floor it and it shifts gears. ok thats all for now...

I doubt that will fix the squeel, try a gatorback belt.....

My father has said that his 2004 VHO has tried to die on him twice, just recently, while pulling into the driveway at home. It is VERY RANDOM though. At least I talked him into getting a GMPP extended warranty- as his has 40K on it now. All he has added is a K&N cold air kit. Keep us posted fellow trucker.....

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

just got back after 4 hours at the damn dealership...they didnt find any codes thrown after stalling....so nothing there....the belt they heard and couldnt figure it out so replaced it for free which isnt much...the best part was getting a nice free car wash haha. saw a silver 07' cobalt ss supercharged...they are nice but i am gonna hold out until the new sss when ever it comes or the 09' camaro..

These trucks idle too low to begin with. I just think if the A/C is on and ur turning (power steering pump)it pulls the engine down even more. All this, at the right time, might make this stalling condition surface??? Plus we have 20" wheels with WIDER tires.....

These trucks idle too low to begin with. I just think if the A/C is on and ur turning (power steering pump)it pulls the engine down even more. All this, at the right time, might make this stalling condition surface??? Plus we have 20" wheels with WIDER tires.....

yes i think youre right, it happened to me when i drove my bros. silverado VHO the other day....weird

Mine does it also on occasion. I just figured it was the programming for the S/C that caused it. Dealer can never do anything other then clean the TB. Looks like this is a VHO problem. I wonder if the SS trucks have the same problem?

No problem with stalling here........did have somewhat of a rough idle at times. When I ordered my Wheatley Performance Tune I had Charlie raise the target idle by 50rpm's, now she is nice and smooth. Not to mention that the annoying (but common) belt squeal went away after the tune was installed.......:chevy: