got raped by duramax

faceliftedss

so i took a weekend vacation and on my wat through a town about an hour north i'm sitting at a light and i notice that my truck is getting stared down by a white 2500 duramax that looks completely stock. he catches up to me and we catch a light after he revs and i hear a BOV i knew i might be in trouble so i stall up and hit it on green i get a hella good jump and get him by three lengths at least but as soon as i shift outta 2nd i hear this turbo wind up and he starts pulling hard on me and passes me at 100 or so like i have the cruise control set. he had some really nasty turbo lag so the hole shot sucked but when he built up some boost that upgraded turbo screamed. i got in a few words with him before a thumbs up and me having to turn off. he said he had an upgraded turbo system along with a tune some exaust an intercooler and some fuel system work. i was kinda disappointed at my truck. but as i got into town i got to race a new mustang gt from a roll at 25 and i stayed ahead until we had to slow down at about 70. there is a black on black 02 camaro ss in town with hardly any miles with center exaust and a little engine work done to it and i may be thinking about selling the truck again.

so i took a weekend vacation and on my wat through a town about an hour north i'm sitting at a light and i notice that my truck is getting stared down by a white 2500 duramax that looks completely stock. he catches up to me and we catch a light after he revs and i hear a BOV i knew i might be in trouble so i stall up and hit it on green i get a hella good jump and get him by three lengths at least but as soon as i shift outta 2nd i hear this turbo wind up and he starts pulling hard on me and passes me at 100 or so like i have the cruise control set. he had some really nasty turbo lag so the hole shot sucked but when he built up some boost that upgraded turbo screamed. i got in a few words with him before a thumbs up and me having to turn off. he said he had an upgraded turbo system along with a tune some exaust an intercooler and some fuel system work. i was kinda disappointed at my truck. but as i got into town i got to race a new mustang gt from a roll at 25 and i stayed ahead until we had to slow down at about 70. there is a black on black 02 camaro ss in town with hardly any miles with center exaust and a little engine work done to it and i may be thinking about selling the truck again.

i raped a green duremax lst nite nite lol burned him off the start and he pulled on me a lil but didnt catch up

I don't understand why your dissapointed that your truck got outran by a turbo. IMO you haven't done near the mods he has so I wouldn't worry about it after all you did beat up on a stang some that should have made you feel better.

I don't understand why your dissapointed that your truck got outran by a turbo. IMO you haven't done near the mods he has so I wouldn't worry about it after all you did beat up on a stang some that should have made you feel better.

:withstupid: Plus on a light to light run you would have won unlss your lights are 1/2 mile apart.

i love the low end of my truck and all the functionability, i just miss the speed and the track times of my former cars. not to mention working on a manual tranny. i'm afraid if blowing a bunch of money on a cam and heads or FI and then my tranny takin a dump on me.

Put a turbo on that bad boy and he will never catch you. I have run several of them including a built dodge cummins that claims low 13's and I left him and I only run a 13.4 b/c of traction issues, and my truck is a 3/4 ton with a 6.0L Lq4 running 7 psi. Your truck has a lot of potential, go forced induction you will not be disappointed.

Jamest

i love the low end of my truck and all the functionability, i just miss the speed and the track times of my former cars. not to mention working on a manual tranny. i'm afraid if blowing a bunch of money on a cam and heads or FI and then my tranny takin a dump on me.

My Duramax does not have an upgraded turbo, and with the variable geometry vanes and tuning I can hit over 20 psi @ 1600 rpm. I suppose that guy had a huge turbo to have all that lag. I respect the SS trucks and normally don't try to race them.

there is a technician at my work that has like a 03-05 ford excursion and he said he'd bet me 100$ if i beat him in a 1/4 mile. bad thing is that hes the best diesel mechanic we have and i know he has that thing maxed out (Computer wise)

whatd you guys think?

there is a technician at my work that has like a 03-05 ford excursion and he said he'd bet me 100$ if i beat him in a 1/4 mile. bad thing is that hes the best diesel mechanic we have and i know he has that thing maxed out (Computer wise)

whatd you guys think?

keep your 100 and tell him lets do it for fun....I ran a 2500 duramax diesel a few weeks back and got beat by about 2 truck lengths..he had a chip and exhaust and some tranny work and no telling what else...he didnt spin and had it in 2wheel drive and he got me from go...he is a rich kid also so he has it maxed out...he got it from his dads dealership.

I'm getting a shift kit this fall and I told him I wanted a rematch.

whatd you guys think?

Wish you were here in Miami. I'd tune your truck for an extra 30 horsepower and make the tranny shift better, and if you still lose I'd race him with my Silverado for $500 and give you double your money back. I have a habit of beating nitrous & chipped Powerstrokes around here, and all I have is intake, exhaust and tuning. Everything else is 100% stock.

Check out this video to see me take out a new Powerstroke with intake, exhaust, Bully Dog, and a big bottle of nitrous:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8155818...949015dd4bd.htm

• 2 weeks later...

so i got the low down on the truck i raced one of my buddys in town knows him and has done a little work for his truck. he is running a bigger aftermarket turbo, propane injection, and nitrous, with wide open 4" exhaust all the way back, a tune and hella tranny work he had it dyno'd and made 1300 ft/lbs of torque! he has slips of a 13.2 1/4 mile time. i don't feel so damn bad any more. thing is i was up to atleast 85+ by the time he caught up and passed me so i know he slept a little at the line and he was having some tuning issues im guessing with the turbo lag but i'm almost positive he sprayed on me. i think it would have been close in the quarter mile. i think i got luckier than i thought for sure