2001 Monte SS vs 2000 Taurus SES

Z-71

My roommate has a Taurus and constantly boasts about how he blows away SS's all the time. Now I have never actually seen this and I try to defend the SS. However I've seen the numbers on both cars and mag racing it makes sence that his car would win (not that I'm going to admit that). The Monte is heavier and has less torque but the same hp. Is there anyone out there that can testify in the SS's defence?

I would just be like "who cares its a taurus!" I owned an '89 sable at one point. loved it, perfect road trip car. made it to 218,000, but at no point did i ever take it out for the specific reason of beating berretas. You know why? cuz it was a sable. Besides you could aske whats better than beating your friends Monte with your Taurus? Not owning a Taurus and street racing with a real car.....

-Joe

Taurus Stock Duratec V6

0-60 mph in 8.9 sec. 1/4-mile in 16.9 sec.

Monte Carlo 3800 series whatever

0-60 mph in 8.0 sec. 1/4-mile in 15.8 sec.

But both are automatics so it take some fooling around to get the right shifting and poop

Monte Carlo 3400 series poop...

0-60 mph in 8.6 sec. 1/4-mile in 16.8 sec.

much closer

-Joe

I would just be like "who cares its a taurus!" I owned an '89 sable at one point. loved it, perfect road trip car. made it to 218,000, but at no point did i ever take it out for the specific reason of beating berretas. You know why? cuz it was a sable. Besides you could aske whats better than beating your friends Monte with your Taurus? Not owning a Taurus and street racing with a real car.....

-Joe

I keep on reinforcing the fact that's it's a family car, and he insists that it's a race car. Whatever, fact remains that it's a Ford and shouldn't be on the road anyway.

i like to think that the ses stands for "service engine soon" :lol:

That's good poo!! I'm using that! I'm actually ashamed I didn't think of it first! I'll be towing it up north for him early summer, maybe I'll just let it fall off into a ditch. :lol::cheers:

i like to think that the ses stands for "service engine soon" :lol:

That's good poo!! I'm using that! I'm actually ashamed I didn't think of it first! I'll be towing it up north for him early summer, maybe I'll just let it fall off into a ditch. :lol::cheers:

Archived