Busted

SS Silv

Last month I got pulled over for illegal tint, so I decided to do the right thing and take it off, so I did. Today I got pulled over, and this time it was for my smoked taillights, WTF :banghead: Seriously, if it was my dad or an older man driving my truck, I have a feeling they would not get harrased. This is my theory, cops see a young kid in a nice vehicle with big chrome wheels and they will look for any detail to pull us over. I know there are a few cops on this site and I am sure they will disagree, but like I said, this is "my" theory. I know a lot of older men "dads" that have just as dark as tint as I used to have and NEVER get bothered, as well as no front license plate. I bet I would go for 2 days before getting pulled over for no front license plate. Seriously my taillights are not that dark, you can see the light perfectly. And after the cop gave me the ticket he walked around my truck giving me all sorts of compliments on how nice my truck was. :dupe:

In the end, I will admit that "these" are the laws and I have to obey by them.

Whatever, just had to rant :puke:

Some are hypocrites huh? Gotten a lot of those, but I have yet had anyone say anything about my tail lights and they are not tinted but matched black. And the light is perfectly visible at night and in the day time. Some cops are just douches.

kinda hard to get out of those fix it tickets but it is in the book something like vissable from200ft day and 400ft night

that kind of makes sense. I thought it was 100' but I never actually checked the law. I had been nervous about mine. I did four or five coats of spray and a few coats of clear on mine. one thing that I did to try to keep the look during the day and still provide visibility at night was add an LED smoked third and a Line of Fire. my tailights were dim, but visible from 200' without the brakes on. I asked a couple of my friends that are cops about this a few months ago and they said that it shouldn't be a problem. especially where I left the reverse lights clear.

Sounds like you live In Virginia....I hate our laws here on stupid shit like that

As for the age descrimination - not true...sold my Cadillac CTS to my dad that I drove for 3 years with 20% tint all the way around and never got pulled. He drove it for a week and got pulled twice...and we have the same commute to work. It just depends on the officer.

Edited by Ross (see edit history)

Sounds like you live In Virginia....I hate our laws here on stupid shit like that

As for the age descrimination - not true...sold my Cadillac CTS to my dad that I drove for 3 years with 20% tint all the way around and never got pulled. He drove it for a week and got pulled twice...and we have the same commute to work. It just depends on the officer.

:withstupid:

It does totally depend on the officer. Especially late summer/early fall when the academy lets out ... then you have a bunch of rookies out trying to make a name for themselves, and they'll stop you for using an aerosol can in a manner other than intended. :dupe:

I got nailed in NJ when I had my Z28 ... they fined me almost $150 for having black outs on my tails. I tried to fight it ... said I was out of state, didn't know NJ laws, etc. They didn't care. All they wanted was my money. bastards.boese079.gif

Knock on wood I have been lucky so far. The day I got my black outs for the headlights was a few days after I recieved my painted tails I was going to the mall and there was a motor cycle cop locked his eyes on me and just stared at me as I went by until I stoppped at the next street light. I guess he was checking out the visibility of my tails and decided it was good enough or he ust liked my truck.