old ford with big block 400 vs sss

petedylancash912

ok so this weekend i was sitting at the park chilling with my friends and this guy comes up to us and says "who drives the ss?" i say that would be me. and he says me and my friend smoked one of those last week that was black. and i informed him that there are only 2 black ss's in this small ass town and the other one is to a military guy who never uses it and our dealership puts ss stickers on everything. he says probly so but his truck could still rape mine. then he informes me that he has like an old ass 83 ford with a big block 400? haha so what do you think just another slow ass truck talkin shit or what? ooh yeah he calls it the "chevy killer"

with some mods that 400 could be pretty quick, you will probably know by the sound of his rev if he is running a cam/heads or FI. i'd race him who cares it is fun either way. but if he gets too full of himself give him the boot. also with a big block he will be a little slower off the line as compared to a small block and the ss has a great 60 ft time so race him stoplight to stoplight from a dig if you get the choice

Edited by faceliftedss (see edit history)

well, if we do it will probly be at this place he was talking about on the outskirts of town thats just a strait shot with no cops around, that or at the drag. any advice yall wanna give to make me faster off the line?

are you stock?

ok so this weekend i was sitting at the park chilling with my friends and this guy comes up to us and says "who drives the ss?" i say that would be me. and he says me and my friend smoked one of those last week that was black. and i informed him that there are only 2 black ss's in this small ass town and the other one is to a military guy who never uses it and our dealership puts ss stickers on everything. he says probly so but his truck could still rape mine. then he informes me that he has like an old ass 83 ford with a big block 400? haha so what do you think just another slow ass truck talkin shit or what? ooh yeah he calls it the "chevy killer"

I raced a 70's Ranchero that had a 400 with my stock 93 chevy p/u that had a 350 and 3.42 rear end. I left that ranchero six car lenghts behind me at 60; even after I let him get the jump on me.

I hate people like that. I work with a guy that has an old 1960's Chevy truck that has been talking shit about how much he was going to beat me when he buys a crate motor and puts it in his truck. This went on for almost two years, talk-talk-talk until I finally tell him "just bring it when it's done". He finally put it in and smokes the tires off it, but it just doesn't hook up like I do. I told him all that shit talk for that? I wish people would just bring their rides and race, and leave their attitudes at home.

My Dodge ClubCab was a 400 big block when I bought it. All stock.

A local guy with a 1980s Suburban was going on and on and on about how he beat BRAND NEW CORVETTES with his Suburban. I kid you not! He had a small block, some engine work, mags etc, but it didn't look like it moved terribly fast, so I told him to line it up with my truck out front of where we were- the Mr. Hamburger ( a cruise in hangout) and I told him we could let everybody see how fast his Suburban REALLY was.

My truck was a 3/4 ton ClubCab Dodge, with a big canopy and the back filled with the lumber for my side deck of my house.

We pulled up to the lights, and in front of EVERYBODY at the hangout he got beaten by a fender length. In a dead stock 1978 Dodge ClubCab.

He beat "brand new Corvettes" all right......

:icon_bs: